Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:33:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 05:07:22 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: MO~ 2days= 3 new Personal Bests+ HELLO 40"Club!! NorCalOcean 8/1&2  (Read 8848 times)

FisHunter

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Manatee
  • Mooch Taught Me How To Live Life
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2006
WX called for small swell and light winds.....they were right!   I'll try to break it all down, but if i type/sound like i'm still a lil'giddy, it's because I AM!!

Sat.Morning started out with a hung over BareLing, it threw up a large smelt(see pic1)
Then a dizzy-Cabbie(see pic2), as I burned one wish of the three it granted me upon release, it gifted me a stank-crab and a fresh whole octopus(see pic3).......I've heard stories and seen the carnage after something like this happens.......and IT DID!  I rigged it just like i've been taught and told, but never did. My plan was to drift for Halibut in the sandy areas, then target VariousRockfish later on after i get thoroughly pissed&frustrated.
Be Safe, Not Sorry = B'ropeUpFool!

Winner of nothing but goodtimes with good friends.

FisHunter

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Manatee
  • View Profile
...on the first drop, i drifted for 5ft. and it hooks into something big(see pic1)
I put it in the footwells, labeled it my lucky star(see pic2). Well, now i'm in that frustrated mode after Arron fools a Halibut, a few hundred feet from me...I QUIT!!

So now i'm looking for a 24" Vermillion(that i've been hunting for all along the entire coast from BigSur to ShelterCove. I FOUND IT!!

pic3~ 24" SquirmyVermy / Fooled,Pictured&Released.....they grow to a max.size of 30" @ 60years.......i couldn't just kill it for a meal, it's been surviving down there for longer than i have up here.

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
WTG Adam...You're still on the roll!  Congrat on the HUGE Vermillion and thanks for the report & pictures.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

PISCEAN

• no kooks please!
  • Sea Lion
  • humming to the bear...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2005
and this is only day 1? :smt005
pronounced "Pie-see-in"
"Every day is a fishing day, but not every day is a catching day"-Countryman
sponsored by: Piscean Artworks
Randomness rules the universe. Perseverance is the only path to success..but luck sometimes works too.

Tote

• One life, right? Don't blow it.
  • Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
Now that's a toad! Solid work.
Help a mountain guy out; What's MO?
<=>

Sin Coast

• AOTY committee
  • Global Moderator
  • Pat Kuhl
  • View Profile Turf Image
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
Anticipation building.....come on dude!
Photobucket Sucks!

Team A-Hulls

~old enough to know better, young enough to not care~

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2005

Been seeing that lately in some reports.  I think it has something to do with NOT giving up location (refer to DanMan's BH post for THAT info... :smt044)

ravensblack

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2007
DUDE! I thought JUly was YOur month! NOW i haVE to bear WitnESS fOr the WhoLE moNTH of aUguST 2. CRaPPin ShiZZer. CONgratS. Ifall BeforE yOUr Feet, a mere MorTal In ADAMS WORLD! :smt006
"I always entertain great hope" Robert Frost

Eric B

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
I thought the smelt was a banana...  but I know you wouldn't waste one...

Rock Hopper

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Global Moderator
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2005
Mo = Members Only. A post that will not be moved to the general reports section.

Adam - You suck. I hate you.

In Loving Memory of Mooch, Eelmaster, Shicken, and Cabeza De Martillo

I started kayak fishing to get away from most of you...

ravensblack

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2007
Mo = Members Only. A post that will not be moved to the general reports section.

:smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044
"I always entertain great hope" Robert Frost

PISCEAN

• no kooks please!
  • Sea Lion
  • humming to the bear...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2005

:smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044

He's climbing up the AOTY ladder, one target at a time (unless you count this report, then it's 3 targets per weekend!) We couldn't get him off the water on day 2.
Last man paddling=Da FisHunter, hunting his way to the beach
pronounced "Pie-see-in"
"Every day is a fishing day, but not every day is a catching day"-Countryman
sponsored by: Piscean Artworks
Randomness rules the universe. Perseverance is the only path to success..but luck sometimes works too.

FisHunter

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Manatee
  • View Profile
Back to shore for some grubbin and to draw up sundays hunt plan.  

Sunday arrives and i feel like i've spent Fri and Saturday at the ocean, only to return home to shower, eat dinner, sleep, recycle dinner  :smt011 and back to my Halibut hunt again on Sunday, some call it MADNESS!!  

I deploy a 'puss over very select Halibut Grounds, but to no avail. So I quit! Now it's a large sized Cabbie i'm looking for(everyone else has a big one). I'm looking for deep drop-offs in the Hot Zone and boy did i find one. I sent it down and it got inhaled quick!, just peeled me while my pole bounced off my thigh and yak-side= BINK! broke me off and now I am Real_PISSED. I turn to grab my tackle for a re-set up, i look down and see i have my SECOND pole ready to go with my go-to WhiteScampie(thanks Sean!) After my break-off, i radioed it to the fellas that i had a big one on and it burned me bad, I'm gonna get that Faulker!!!!...stand by!!  I paddled over the spot and guess what hit?   This beast was hooked right between it's2front teeth and WORKED me hard for over 15 min.
I alerted the crew i had something big, but no color yet. I then get it to leader and see a large white something below," BIG ASS HALIBUT!!!!",not!  Sean was the first to arrive&assist with documenting this life changing moment of mine. THANKS Sean!!  i'll forever be your personal photog boy= FOREVER!

Been seeing that lately in some reports.  I think it has something to do with NOT giving up location (refer to DanMan's BH post for THAT info... :smt044)
Members Only!!!   not gonna make it to the Lurkers report at all.

DUDE! I thought JUly was YOur month! NOW i haVE to bear WitnESS fOr the WhoLE moNTH of aUguST 2. CRaPPin ShiZZer. CONgratS. Ifall BeforE yOUr Feet, a mere MorTal In ADAMS WORLD! :smt006
my head is growing faster than my eggo already, please stop that kind of sillyness!!!!
BUTiDOloveIT and I DO LOVE YOU TOO! :smt008

......con't,
it measured to 41 inches and with a quarter of it in laying in my footwells, the scale was over 25lbs.......so i'm calling it 28lbs!!!   WHAT a FIGHT!!!!   you'll get a big one one day and remember that when that jig hooks them dead center&upper jaw, you'll know exactly what i'm refering to.

i'm still so juiced i'm gonna just post the remainder of the pics i told Sean just to click away while i do the fun-dirty work.

FisHunter

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Manatee
  • View Profile
it was quit hard to control, measure and keep her happy. I had to stop and just take a breath after wrestling with it. I put her back in the water and told her to relax, everything is gonna be o.k. in a few more clicks.
See the sequence of it all and the final HawgTroughSlide below!!!

bmb

• Please unsubscribe me from the
  • AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
nice ling adam! way to go. that last pic almost looks like you're about to cry - tears of joy maybe!