Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:48:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:17:00 AM]

[Today at 08:02:19 AM]

[Today at 05:07:22 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Rigged my stealth 495  (Read 8551 times)

Adam415

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
It looks difficult to access rear rod holders and Tankwell. Are you able to get back there when you are otw?
Wilderness Systems Radar 135
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160i
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCtFJdtY1W9M4MGfoz4Ndb8A

nixster

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
The rod holders are easy for me to reach. This is the biggest kayak of this line ,they make two smaller -shorter ones so can fit most people. The rear tank well is difficult to access due to the length and more suited for storing dry bags, jackets, gear for multi day trips . As for fishing stuff the main hatch in front holds everything as well as the rear hatch. It does not look like it has room but it is deceiving .The compartments run the length of the kayak . I can fit rods to 8ft comfortable as well as tackle ,wheels ,fish  real big ones too. Check out some you tube stuff on stealth kayaks.

bluekayak

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2005
Nice

I like the way w track mounts you can still clean off the deck for launch and landing. I bought a Scotty flush mount to put a rod holder on the hatch lid but not sure height and position of rod would be right

Was thinking about running half a rod in it as downrigger so probably wouldn't be as critical. Never sure I want to do anything to the 575 and tend to modify w extreme reluctance

Where did you get the tackle bag?

Interesting the difference in specs w the 575 which is almost 20ft and 53lbs

Glass is the way to go, if I had had 2k sitting around I would've snapped that one up, don't need another kayak

tiny

• Striper
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2009
A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve,not by the desire to beat others-Ayn Rand

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 urban camo
RTM Abaco orange and black   HELL YEAH

ravensblack

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2007
Fuck. :smt003 :smt006  Looks nice Nick! Better than sitting on my rack in the garage.
"I always entertain great hope" Robert Frost

wizz

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Looks good, dude. Curious about the tackle bag as well.
"The howling tide of unreason beats against pure fact with incredible fury"-Terrence Mckenna

Paddleboy84

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile Headwaters Kayak Shop
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
This was a fun one for sure. Eddy said now that he has rigged that boat he feels comfortable drilling into pretty much anything. Thanks for trusting us to cut up your kayak. It came out bad ass. Now lets see some fish pics!
Headwaters Kayak Shop Lodi CA, ran by paddlers for paddlers
Headwater Fishing Team Member

http://headwatersfishing.blogspot.com/

ravensblack

• Manatee
  • View Profile
It did turn out great. I would have put the front seat straps a little higher. The thing I like the most about that Comfort Pro seat is the fact that at the correct angle the seat can hold your lower torso in tighter to the boat. Too wide and you don't  get that  locked in feeling.  I really like the keel guard!!! The green anodized tracks are way sweet.  We are discussing upgrades for the new Trident 15 and the catch bag in the hull is one I really like a lot. That was a great idea!!!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 02:54:13 AM by ravensblack »

I Zod Out

• I think(?) I got a bite!
  • Salmon
  • A Shark is already in the boat
  • View Profile I Zod Out
  • Date Registered: Feb 2014
I looked at this boat myself when it was listed here and the numerous UTube videos. I thought I had seen the light. But, Craig said that it would be a wet ride due to no scupper holes below the seat area. Comfort OTW was the reason I shyed away. I do Like the seat you chose for it.

You done good with the mods.  :smt007

best,  :smt006

I Zod Out
Our world was NOT deeded to us by our forefathers... it was loaned to us by our children.

wizz

• Salmon
  • View Profile
I looked at this boat myself when it was listed here and the numerous UTube videos. I thought I had seen the light. But, Craig said that it would be a wet ride due to no scupper holes below the seat area. Comfort OTW was the reason I shyed away. I do Like the seat you chose for it.

You done good with the mods.  :smt007

best,  :smt006

I Zod Out

Well, next time ask folks who have actually paddled a stealth.  :smt003
"The howling tide of unreason beats against pure fact with incredible fury"-Terrence Mckenna

cajun

• ACA Instructor/Guide
  • Salmon
  • NOR CAL
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2008
It's dryer than my AI was and with proper gear you don't notice the little water. There are also videos of people installing scupper in them.

I don't mind a little water and for the performance gain its worth it.
Sponsored by: Pacific Outfitters, Native kayaks, Seeker rods. Seigler reels, b2 Squid, Promar. Stohlquist, Lingcod jigs.

cajun

• ACA Instructor/Guide
  • Salmon
  • NOR CAL
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2008
Dan,

I need to drop mine off for larger rod holders, starport mounts, and fish finder install.Also thinking about changing out the rear hatch with a Hobie twist lock.
Sponsored by: Pacific Outfitters, Native kayaks, Seeker rods. Seigler reels, b2 Squid, Promar. Stohlquist, Lingcod jigs.

Paddleboy84

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile Headwaters Kayak Shop
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Dan,

I need to drop mine off for larger rod holders, starport mounts, and fish finder install.Also thinking about changing out the rear hatch with a Hobie twist lock.

Well lets work it out so we can do this while you wait. I know you come from far away. The Hobie hatch is a worthy upgrade for sure. I have everything else in stock to do that instal. Cutting the inspection port is the hardest part, but we have got that process pretty dialed in.
Headwaters Kayak Shop Lodi CA, ran by paddlers for paddlers
Headwater Fishing Team Member

http://headwatersfishing.blogspot.com/

ravensblack

• Manatee
  • View Profile
Dan. do you guys have a rotozip saw? Works killer.

nixster

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
The tackle bag on the inside of the kayak is made by tackle web. They make many different sizes to fit your boat or kayak . I picked mine up from tackle warehouse, but most likely can find them elsewhere online as well .

anything