Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:37:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 28, 2024, 11:47:21 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 11:34:08 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:44:18 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:12:36 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 07:11:09 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 01:13:46 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Any mountain bikers in the mix?  (Read 1488 times)

AlexB

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Just curious... It’s always fun to ride with new folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishingdoc

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2018
I ride, do Downieville twice each year, Demo, Skeggs. But slow as I am old and fat.
Hobie Revo 13
Hobie Oasis

Sharkie

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2012
   Yep...riding mt. bike and road for about 14 years in the bay area....now age 62. Soon to retire up in Humboldt County. Hope to race the mt. bike and maybe some road races. GREAT way to stay fit for freediving. Beer taste better after a hard ride! 2015 Cannondale Scalpel...21 pounds, finished 3rd in the Sea Otter mt. bike race, cat 3, 60 and over, 2016. Some jack ass stole my Felt Nine Team hardtail!

KPD

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014
I guess I am a recovering cyclist. I raced XC and cyclocross like a maniac for about 6 years. Especially cyclocross. I just looked and realized it has been 5 years since I raced. How time flies.

I still love riding, but in the limited free time I have kayak fishing almost always wins out.
Wanted to buy: Stealth ProFisha 575 or 525

SteveS doesn't kayak anymore

• grumpy ex-kayaker
  • Sea Lion
  • winter sturgeon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2005
I ride.
Back in the day I raced mostly 24 Hour stuff, but did some xc, and some other endurance things.
Now I'm on my mt bike probably 60% of the time, road the rest.
Work right at China camp so out there at lunch- except for the last 8 weeks or so where I'm too f'ing busy to ride at all

charles

• Salmon
  • turn em. pedals mtb or ocean
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
Pics are maybe eight years ago from a Grasshopper race in west Sonoma county. I still ride mtb but age, 74, made me dial it down but I love the workout and the riding minus cars.
Charles

AlexB

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Right on! I figured there’d be at least a few MTB riders here.

I’ve never raced, just trail riding for fun and exercise. Wouldn’t mind trying an enduro race if I can find one that’s more focused on fun than competition.

If you’re ever headed to the East Bay for a ride, shoot me a message! I’m usually out at Joaquin Miller and Redwood a few times a week. With the baby coming any time within the next 1-3 weeks or so, I can’t really leave my wife at home and go fishing fishing now. But I CAN sneak in an hour or two of riding here and there. :)

AlexB

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
I ride.
Back in the day I raced mostly 24 Hour stuff, but did some xc, and some other endurance things.
Work right at China camp so out there at lunch- except for the last 8 weeks or so where I'm too f'ing busy to ride at all
I’ve gotta check out China Camp soon.... Heard good things.

• grumpy ex-kayaker
  • Sea Lion
  • winter sturgeon
  • View Profile
I ride.
I’ve gotta check out China Camp soon.... Heard good things.

Definitely ping me if you are coming, lest you get stuck on the "standard loop" which is interesting but a bit of a yawner.  Loads of old school legal single track scattered in the area- but it helps to have someone show you

AlexB

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Thanks! I’ll hit you up if I’m in the area. I also can’t wait to check it Tamarancho (and the “680” trails).

I did a lot of riding down in SLO when I was there for school, then took a long ~8 year hiatus when I moved back up to the Bay Area and focused my free time on surfing and fishing. Fast forward 8 years and I’ve got myself a new trail bike and a new wave of enthusiasm for an my old standby hobby. So many trails around here that I need to try!!!

KPD

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014
I’ve never raced, just trail riding for fun and exercise. Wouldn’t mind trying an enduro race if I can find one that’s more focused on fun than competition.

Racing is a great way to suck all the fun out of riding.  :smt002

Pics are maybe eight years ago from a Grasshopper race in west Sonoma county.

The hoppers! I'm glad those are still happening.
Wanted to buy: Stealth ProFisha 575 or 525

• grumpy ex-kayaker
  • Sea Lion
  • winter sturgeon
  • View Profile
Thanks! I’ll hit you up if I’m in the area. I also can’t wait to check it Tamarancho (and the “680” trails).

I did a lot of riding down in SLO when I was there for school, then took a long ~8 year hiatus when I moved back up to the Bay Area and focused my free time on surfing and fishing. Fast forward 8 years and I’ve got myself a new trail bike and a new wave of enthusiasm for an my old standby hobby. So many trails around here that I need to try!!!

You're killing me Smalls!
I live in fairfax, so tamarancho, 680, triplec all my backyard.

AlexB

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile

I did a lot of riding down in SLO when I was there for school, then took a long ~8 year hiatus when I moved back up to the Bay Area and focused my free time on surfing and fishing. Fast forward 8 years and IÂ’ve got myself a new trail bike and a new wave of enthusiasm for an my old standby hobby. So many trails around here that I need to try!!!

You're killing me Smalls!
I live in fairfax, so tamarancho, 680, triplec all my backyard.
Right on! Do you know a guy named Aaron Spindell? He’s in Fairfax, too, and rides a lot. He was a college buddy, but we haven’t reconnected for a ride yet...

charles

• Salmon
  • turn em. pedals mtb or ocean
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013

The Hoppers are still happening but they have greatly changed. The first ones were free. We met in Occidental and were given a vague course map and were told to bring every thing we needed, food, water, repair stuff. No sags. One was on their own with the warning not to make a wrong turn on trails near Cazadero. Resident issues.
Now the fees are high, there are lunch stops and sags, Emts are present. When Levi and other pros begin racing them, the atmosphere became radically different.
Charles

AlexB

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
IÂ’ve never raced, just trail riding for fun and exercise. WouldnÂ’t mind trying an enduro race if I can find one thatÂ’s more focused on fun than competition.

The Hoppers are still happening but they have greatly changed. The first ones were free. We met in Occidental and were given a vague course map and were told to bring every thing we needed, food, water, repair stuff. No sags. One was on their own with the warning not to make a wrong turn on trails near Cazadero. Resident issues.
Now the fees are high, there are lunch stops and sags, Emts are present. When Levi and other pros begin racing them, the atmosphere became radically different.
So it goes...

anything