Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:28:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 05:07:22 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Folsom Lake North on Saturday 4/28  (Read 2451 times)

DavidMel

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2018
There are some good fish to be had at Folsom, just wasn't my day.  It was my first time out on the water in my first kayak so can't complain.  Had one yahoo boater pulling a wakeboarder up and down rattlesnake to the East for most of the time I was there.  Boats with depth finders were saying the water temp was 62 and they could see targets but couldn't hook up.....I'll be back to Folsom and to Rollins and to Englebright, Scotts, Clementine.... may even drive to Berryesa and Clear Lake. I'll also head up 80 to hit the Alpine lakes for trout.  Plenty of choices for us to paddle in the Sacramento Valley (aka the Mid West of California).  Hopefully I will bump into some of you along the way...
David

Vibe Sea Ghost 110

" I believe in America."

Lingling

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2017
Folsom is slow right now. It did have a hot bite a few weeks ago but the water levels seemed to have put the fish off or they've migrated. I went out on the boat today and left the kayak at home. I caught a solitary spotted on the rocks at New York Creek Cove and that's all she wrote. Some of the coves I fish are ripe with spawning carp right now, I swear that makes the bass freak out - all the thrashing around on the top water. It's also super frustrating to fish and get nothing when there's literally tons of fish jumping around you.

RosevilleYak

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2018
I ended up spending 5 hours at the Sacramento Port instead of kayak fishing Folsom. Caught and released a few smaller bass but I kind of missed the beauty of hillls and mountains around me. I think next time I will check how Sugar Pine is doing.

DavidMel

• Salmon
  • View Profile
I m thinking of hitting Folsom lake tomorrow. Has anyone had any luck recently?
David

Vibe Sea Ghost 110

" I believe in America."

wormguy

• The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2012
Rollins is happening! Weimarian is spending the day up there today
Native Slayer Propel 13
Hobie Revolution 11

DavidMel

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Folsom north is dead 💀. Carp in the coves and morning bite report is zero and midday is zero. Talked to about a dozen in last couple of pros and nothing was working for everyone. One pro caught one bass. Hope it improves soon but my next trip will be to Rollins
David

Vibe Sea Ghost 110

" I believe in America."

Duckguy

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2014
Folsom is slow right now. It did have a hot bite a few weeks ago but the water levels seemed to have put the fish off or they've migrated. I went out on the boat today and left the kayak at home. I caught a solitary spotted on the rocks at New York Creek Cove and that's all she wrote. Some of the coves I fish are ripe with spawning carp right now, I swear that makes the bass freak out - all the thrashing around on the top water. It's also super frustrating to fish and get nothing when there's literally tons of fish jumping around you.

If the carp are spawning, time to grab the bows!
Warning! Retiree; Knows it all and has plenty of time to tell you about it.

Santa Cruz Kayaks Raptor G2

RosevilleYak

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2018
Demel
You probably talked to me when I was leaving at 11 as I hit rattlesnake bar at 7 am and had zero bites. I am only into fishing for one year but tried jerkbait, crankbait, s-waver swimbait, nice jig with trailer ... nada

There was a bass pro shop event going on and looks like they were throwing small worms. Maybe I should also just do worms but I like to catch a big one as there is still a chance before it gets too warm.

Fishfinder seems useless with so many carps everywhere. Could have fished those almost with a net if I wanted

Next weekend off fishing and then it’s June already. Time to catch some fish. At least I am not alone getting skunked at Folsom

DavidMel

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Hello RosevilleYak :smt006  I was paddling a blue sea ghost and you are probably right about passing each other.  It was a great day to be out fishing, but not so good with the catching.  I'm off the water this weekend as well but will be back at it in June.  Just like you, I tried  jigging worms, crawdads, and working swimbaits, and crankbaits.  I tried different colors of each and could get anything.  I tried the north west side on the way up and into the cove past avery pond and then cut over to the north east side on the way back, but by then the recreational boat traffic was getting very heavy.  Only my third time out on my yak as I am new to being on the water, but I am addicted.  Hope to see you out there again and hopefully we can each share stories of catching instead of fishing.  If the reports on Rollins keep up, I will head up there to break in my yak appropriately :fishing1
David

Vibe Sea Ghost 110

" I believe in America."

DavidMel

• Salmon
  • View Profile
saturday morning looks like it is an open day for me to finally get back on the water.  most likely going to Rollins in the hopes it is better than Folsom. 
David

Vibe Sea Ghost 110

" I believe in America."

Weimarian

• Sea Lion
  • The fish, I hear them! work can wait! let's go!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
I might be out there crack of dawn.... :smt006
Come on out! It's time to play. It's time for TROUT Bass and STRIPER. Let go of the hand brake!

DavidMel

• Salmon
  • View Profile
I plan to be up there early (sometime around 7 is probably my realistic arrival but will try for 6).  I will be the newbie paddling a blue camo vibe sea ghost.  Fairly new to bass fishing so still figuring it out one trip at a time. :smt003
David

Vibe Sea Ghost 110

" I believe in America."