Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:04:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 06:00:32 PM]

[Today at 05:17:28 PM]

[Today at 05:09:26 PM]

[Today at 04:31:01 PM]

by &
[Today at 04:22:40 PM]

[Today at 01:09:18 PM]

[Today at 11:46:31 AM]

[Today at 10:38:46 AM]

[Today at 10:16:10 AM]

[Today at 06:30:45 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:07:13 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:29:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:26:53 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:01:09 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 01:20:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:23:34 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 12:06:38 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Fishing bag  (Read 1204 times)

gentlemanscholar

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2017
Any recommendations on a fishing lure bag for the yak? Rolled my yak on a surf entry today and lost a really old beat up bag so I was hoping to upgrade.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 07:07:03 PM by gentlemanscholar »

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2018
everyone stores their tackle differently...but I kind of went the el cheapo route...

I got one of those marine grade tackle bags from ebay that has a waist strap (like an oversized fanny pack). Then fill it up with flambeau's or plano's, and then tether/strap it around my seat. When I need to change out lures, I just swing it around onto my lap.

But I've been getting more minimalistic these days and now just store my stuff in a big PVC zip bag which is then secured with bungee cord and hooks off to my side.

2015 Hobie Revo 13
2017 Hobie i12s
Stealth Fisha 460

TenCrabs

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
I bought one of these for jigs. You can put 2 jigs in each pouch, the pockets are large. Holds plenty for my needs... a little pricey but works nice.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/offshore-angler-rig-lockers?searchTerm=2143952

Fisherman X

• Sea Lion
  • Going to the ocean is going home
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 10:23:01 PM by Fisherman X »
-Success is living the life you want-
Joel ><>

Hammerhead avatar in memory of CdM

AlexB

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
I go real low-budget... Fo salmon fishing, I pre-tie my rigs, stick them in ziplock bags, and toss them in my Hobie Tupperware holster in the center hatch. For rockfish/lings, I usually just toss a handful of jigs, swimbait, and leadheads in that same Tupperware and go for it.

For freshwater bass + trout I’ll bring a couple/few Plano boxes and toss them in my milk crate.

Squidder K

• On the 7th day God created fishing!
  • Sea Lion
  • Old Squidder's never die!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
Quite a few folks use versions of these:
https://www.amazon.com/Plano-131252-Storage-Emergency-Marine/dp/B009YSFT7S/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1531977567&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=plano+orange+box&dpPl=1&dpID=41ZXGdfBBkL&ref=plSrch

I use one of those, modified it so I can't loose it if I roll. I got the idea off of a Jackson Kayak crate system I saw a few years ago.

Stuff you need: 1 three rod holder, two 2-4 inch long pieces of T-track, some kayak rivets or SS screws (your choice), drill and bits, screw driver and or rivet gun, two T- track devices (ball, or what ever works for you), two "L" brackets.

1. I attached a three rod holder to it.
2. set the box in your storage area
2A. with box positioned where you want it see where the t-track will go, one should be in front and one to the rear of the box, mark those spots with a sharpie.
3. go head drill the holes, for the track.
4. Mount the tracks
5. Check to see if the T-track ball stud fits through the "L" bracket, if it doesn't use you drill to make it fit. Keep it loose.
6. Take each ball device and mount one centered in the T track.
7. Put your orange box back in the area between the T tracks.
8. slide one then the other T-track into position.
9. with the L bracket facing the orange box center and mark where they are. Now remove the "L" Brackets.
10. Using that drill use the correct size to drill wholes where the "L" brackets will go.
11. Using screws, bolt and nut, or rivets, fasten the L brackets to the box.
12. Now with the t-track balls loose, come in from a side angle and slide the box/t-rack device into the t-track till it is centered.
13. Tighten the Ball head.  You now have a very secure box.

I will try to take some images of my box when I get home to add to this.
For L brackets I first used cheapo galvanized brackets from Home Depot, ideally SS or hard plastic would be better.

Jackson Kayak used what appeared to be a .080 Kydex material which if you have that could make your own. 

Kevin Storm
"A bad day fishing, still beats a good day of work!"
Hobie Quest
Necky Kyook
Hero's on the Water
Veteran 36th Infantry Division "The Fighting Texans"
Patriots Fan since 1967
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=field+artillery+song

gentlemanscholar

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2017
Can't wait to see photos of this and thank you for the detailed post

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

yakyakyak

• Sea Lion
  • Huh? What?
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2016
I go real low-budget... Fo salmon fishing, I pre-tie my rigs, stick them in ziplock bags, and toss them in my Hobie Tupperware holster in the center hatch. For rockfish/lings, I usually just toss a handful of jigs, swimbait, and leadheads in that same Tupperware and go for it.

For freshwater bass + trout I’ll bring a couple/few Plano boxes and toss them in my milk crate.
+1.  Real low budget is the way to go.  Ziplock bags make it super organized (I usually bring two species specific pre-rigs, and one general all purpose rig).  Don't let any plastic fly out to the ocean.

2019 Hobie Outback
2017 Hobie Adventure Island
2016 Santa Cruz Raptor G2 - Surf/stability champ!
2015 Hobie Revolution 16 - Speedster
2016 NuCanoe Frontier 12 - Extra stable with crazy load capability

-----------------
FOR SALE
-----------------

Rods and Reels: http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=88549.0 (Shimanos, Casting/Spinning Rods + Reels

Dave W.

• Imposter Dave W. !!!!!
  • Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2014

+2

It keeps things so much more organized than any box or bag that I've ever used. IMHO, minimalist is best. The small snack sized ziplocks work the best for me.

NowhereMan

• Manatee
  • 44.5"/38.5#
  • View Profile YouTube Channel
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011

+2

It keeps things so much more organized than any box or bag that I've ever used. IMHO, minimalist is best. The small snack sized ziplocks work the best for me.

++1

I used to carry one of those big orange Plano suitcases, but that is way beyond overkill, IMHO. And, besides, it wastes a ton of valuable deck space. While I certainly have a lot of crap on my yacht (as the power boaters call my AI), the actual fishing gear is minimalistic, and I never seem to regret that.
Please don't spoil my day, I'm miles away...

Mojo Jojo

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2016
I use this with 9 of the boxes that fit in it 3 at a time, 3 for each type of fishing I do. Swap out the 3 I need and keep the others in my kayak trailer box Incase the fishing plan changes.

2013 Jackson Big Tuna.........Ours
2011 Native Mariner Propel 12.5...His
2015 Native Slayer Propel 13.......Hers
20?? Emotion ,Sparky.....7 yr old grandson's
Event Coordinator
Heroes On the Water
North Oregon Coast Chapter
Team C.O.D. FISHING (Crazy Old Dudes)just for forum fun challenges

anything