Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:37:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:17:00 AM]

[Today at 08:02:19 AM]

[Today at 05:07:22 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: WHO IS THIS BRAVE KAYAKER AT ALBION?  (Read 7206 times)

Bird

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
Anyone heard from Gabe (ElDorado)?  Hope he's okay. 

WTG BATTMAN for saving a fellow NCKA brother! 

Rey

Nice job Dave Batt!

Talked to Gabe yesterday, he is doing well.  His computer has been down.

FisHunter

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Manatee
  • Mooch Taught Me How To Live Life
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2006
Anyone heard from Gabe (ElDorado)?  Hope he's okay. 

WTG BATTMAN for saving a fellow NCKA brother! 

Rey

Nice job Dave Batt!

Talked to Gabe yesterday, he is doing well.  His computer has been down.
Good to read!  on all counts.
Be Safe, Not Sorry = B'ropeUpFool!

Winner of nothing but goodtimes with good friends.

mendohead

• Sea Lion
  • 27.3 Lb 39" Santa Cruz, Ca. Butt on "Old Blue"
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Hi Yakers:
    Good thing Dave was there because,  Albion has no Life Guard and Mendocino Fire Dept is too far!
On the Coast your on your own . The Coast Guard is in Ft. Bragg and might reach you in time!
    I lived in Albion for eight years and it's really easy to die on the Coast.
                                                                                                                                                        Regards
                                                                                                                                                        Ernie

FW 2009 RF Derby King Davenport, Ca.

Tote

• One life, right? Don't blow it.
  • Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
A hero is what a hero does.
Great job!
<=>

batt

• DcBatt
  • Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2006
Accolades go to the power boat driver who risked his boat and four teen women passengers in the surf zone.  I blew it by not accounting for the kayak being waterlogged and unstable.  Should have insisted Gabe stay low and not fuss with his equipment.  Lucky Gabe was a strong man and assisted in pulling himself up on the yak the first time.  Kudos again to the PB driver.   Batt

MontanaN8V

• I swear it was this big!
  • Sea Lion
  • It's BANG TIME!!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
It is a great piece of mind going into one of these events, that is there is trouble, everyone helps. Not just on the water, mechanical breakdowns, out of propane for cooker, you name it! this group is very unselfish, and aside form the occassional A-Hull, most everyobody is a nice, quiet neighbor! #fishmaster1 snores!
Live your life, the way you want to be remembered. Don't have any regrets, we only get this one dance to make it count. Start at your eulogy, and work backwards.

Jedmo

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2008
Thanks for being there and helping Gabe get back on his yak David. I'll make sure to find you on the next hookup and hand you a cold one next time I see you.

Jedmo
1st place GS3 2009
7th place AOTY 2009

MontanaN8V

• I swear it was this big!
  • Sea Lion
  • It's BANG TIME!!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
On that note Jedmo, make sure BigJim is near you in the event that you go over! Now, a friend will help you back in your kayak. Jim was still fishing that big yak, and several people helped me get back in at Shelter Cove a few years ago, Jim paddles up to me while I gather my composure, and hands me a beer! A true friend, I mean a gosh darn true friend, hands you a beer when you get upright! Thanks Jim!
Live your life, the way you want to be remembered. Don't have any regrets, we only get this one dance to make it count. Start at your eulogy, and work backwards.

Tote

• One life, right? Don't blow it.
  • Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
Solid work Batt.
You're one hombre I'd never worry about in sloppy conditions.
<=>

WingShooter

• Sea Lion
  • I fish not to escape life but to live it.
  • View Profile Branson Baits
  • Date Registered: Aug 2009
Mr David Batt was definitely Johnny on the spot. As I (orange yak) approached both David and Gabe, they were able to right the boat quickly. David positioned himself to help Gabe get back in the boat which didn't take long at all. Once I noticed he was back on his boat I scanned for his gear and paddle. The SB waited to see if further assistance was needed. I was able to find his paddle floating toward the wash, I quickly grabbed it and got the hell out of there. The PB moved in as David was towing the yaker away from the wash. They were able to get him on board and tow the yak back.
I later spoke with Gabe and he was VERY thankful for all that responded. Because of people like David and the PB guy who risked his whole family and everyone else who helped save someone that day, more of us will come back in to see our families after a good or bad day fishing the salt. That feels good.
www.bransonbaits.com 

US Hobie Fishing Team Member
Lowrance Pro-Staff
EGO Pro-Staff
Lew's Pro-Staff
Diawa Pro-Staff

ElDorado

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007
Wow,what can I say that hasnt been sayd.Ill start by saying as I was  freeking out I finnaly saw help on the way and all I saw  was the splash from the paddle and the grinn on his wind blown white whiskers along being atop of a white Yak  with black stripes charging towards me ,in my hour of need.When the power boater helped me on,they tryed to pull me on by the side but I was too water logged,so I moved to the back towards the engine.I humbly asked my P Ber to please turn off engine cause I whould have nead for some of  dose Parts later.So they pull me in just like a Marlin onto the deck and as Im sprouling and flopping on deck ,his girls are woried ,so I say to them ,Improbably going to be the biggest thing  you pull in today.What a beautifull fam.Speaking of Fam ,you all are Gourgeous to me,Gracias,Gabe  One last note ,.When I came in I was greeted bythis real cool dude and his Doc  wife whoom asked me my name and where I was and checked me out and made shure I was not in shock.Im so sorry Ive forgotten youre names.Please let me know,cause you guys made shure I got something hot in me and changed clothes and looked over me for a long time.Muchisimas Gracias Mano and Mana .Please PM me ,Gabe

bloodbath

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2007
Dave Batt!!! Dave is very confident with his skills in the water.
Can I get a second chance to dive with you Dave? Gotta make up for Shelter!
2011 Albion Open 1st place
2014 Lowrance Rockfish Classic 1st place
Kayaks are cool!

bakedog75

• Sand Dab
  • Bling Ling!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
WOW!!!! My name is Brian and i am fairly new to NCKA. This is an amazing story and it is so incredible to hear of these heroic and selfless acts, with people putting their own lives at risk to save a fellow kayaker in need!  I feel very honored to be part of such an organization with such incredible people looking out for one and another.  kudos to all involved and i hope i can help if there is time where i can.  it feels good knowing that people are watching out for our bothers and sisters, weather they are NCKA or just other kayakers in need!  Thankyou battman and all involved in the rescues that day and to those rescues on countless other days....you are all heros!
Still Breathing!!!

anything