Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:09:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[Today at 11:06:44 AM]

[Today at 11:05:23 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Nov 21 Update: Movember! Raising money for men's health issues!  (Read 1826 times)

FishinJay

• Sunrise Prowler 15
  • Sea Lion
  • Indecision may, or may not, be my problem...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2006
If you haven't heard of Movember before I'd advise you to take a look at the Movember website: http://us.movember.com/?home
This is a great cause and a fun way to raise money for men's health issues, specifically prostate and testicular cancer. This is my first year participating and I'm already enjoying the awkward stubble that I'm trying to pass off as facial hair  :smt044

The NCKA brotherhood has always been generous when any one of us were in need, so I'm posting here to give folks an opportunity to help me raise money for a great cause. Several of our NCKA brothers have been diagnosed with cancer, and sadly not all of them have beat it. Participating in Movember is my small gesture to help beat cancer.

If you can spare a dollar, five dollars, or even more I'd greatly appreciate it. If you visit my "MoSpace" at the following link you can make a secure donation. My goal is to try and raise $100.
Thanks for anything you might be able to donate! Here are some pictures to help give you a laugh.  :smt002
http://mobro.co/jasonkirchner

Day One, no facial hair:

November 8:

November 21:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 08:13:28 AM by Fishin-Jay »
Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party. -Jimmy Buffett

FishingForTheCure

• "I'm going to make dinner because my colors taste like hungry"
  • Manatee
  • LOWRANCE & SIMRAD PRO STAFF
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2010
What a great cause!  Do you have a PayPal acct?

FishinJay

• Sunrise Prowler 15
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
I'm not able to personally take donations through PayPal, but if you go to my page here: http://mobro.co/jasonkirchner and click on "Donate to me" under my picture you can donate using PayPal. Just select PayPal under the "Payment Details" section. Thanks!  :smt006
Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party. -Jimmy Buffett

FisHunter

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Manatee
  • Mooch Taught Me How To Live Life
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2006
You are a GOOD Man Jay :bigsmurf:.....it will be worth it to watch your stubble turn into a real itchy beard.
will donate next week when i have my $ card with me.
Be Safe, Not Sorry = B'ropeUpFool!

Winner of nothing but goodtimes with good friends.

Pacifico

• Oye! Que Vida!
  • Sea Lion
  • 12 seconds! That's all I need!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
I got you to 25% of your goal.... I can't grow one myself so I might as well donate a few bucks to those who can.
Rub-cifico

FishinJay

• Sunrise Prowler 15
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Thanks Pacifico! I really appreciate the support  :smt006

I'll also be posting a weekly picture in this thread to show my progress. Believe me, it's about to get even uglier!  :smt044

atavuss

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
December 24 will mark 4 years for me being cancer free.  Jay, this is a good thing you are doing, is there a way I can send a check as I don't do Paypal?
Fishing is cheaper than therapy!

FishinJay

• Sunrise Prowler 15
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
December 24 will mark 4 years for me being cancer free.  Jay, this is a good thing you are doing, is there a way I can send a check as I don't do Paypal?

I'm trying to avoid taking donations directly since it starts to get a bit wierd that way, but if there is no other way you feel comfortable with making a donation then I'll take a personal check. Your other options beyond PayPal, but still using the Movember site, are to use a credit card/debit card. But, shoot me a PM if you'd prefer to go the personal check route, and I'll send you my info.
Thanks!

-Jay

FishinJay

• Sunrise Prowler 15
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Thanks in large part to folks like Fishunter and Pacifico I'm just $5 away from my fundraising goal. Thanks guys!  :smt006

We're just a week and a half away from the end of the month, so any more help to get me to the goal would be awesome  :smt007 I've updated the original post to include a picture of my progress to date  :smt044

fuzz

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2005
Gotta lose the beard and go full mustache.   :smt001

(Had this debate with co-worker last year)

FisHunter

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Manatee
  • Mooch Taught Me How To Live Life
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2006
Be Safe, Not Sorry = B'ropeUpFool!

Winner of nothing but goodtimes with good friends.

FishinJay

• Sunrise Prowler 15
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Gotta lose the beard and go full mustache.   :smt001

(Had this debate with co-worker last year)

Yeah, I know I'm a bit outside the lines when it comes to the Movember rules, but I figured it was the thought (and fundraising) that counts  :smt002 I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to shave it into a moustache by the end of the month or just let it go full beard all winter.