Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:31:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 05:07:22 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 03:17:35 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Hobie copy?  (Read 4787 times)

HamachiJohn

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 01:35:12 PM by hamachijohn »
Down to 1 Hobie Revo...

krusty

• No stinkin'
  • Sea Lion
  • Is This Edible?
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
That link is not working. What is the link to bwe?

HamachiJohn

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Down to 1 Hobie Revo...

HamachiJohn

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
That link is not working. What is the link to bwe?
Re posted

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Down to 1 Hobie Revo...

SmokeOnTheWater

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2011
Just give it a few months, you will probably see/hear the horror stories.   :smt044
If you ain't first, you're last.

Dannarchy

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2016
Ms. Lisa Chen
Job Title: Sales
City:   Ningbo
Address:   RM 308-313 Xincheng Guoji Fulou, No.535 Qingshuiqiao Rd, Jiangdong
Zip:   315040
Country/Region:   China (Mainland)
Province/State:   Zhejiang

Clearly a knock off.

krusty

• No stinkin'
  • Sea Lion
  • Is This Edible?
  • View Profile
You can buy 5 of them for the price of a single hobie! You make it sound like plastic hobies are high tech kayaks. I hope they replaced the cables, pulley, and chains with sealed gears.

Dannarchy

• Salmon
  • View Profile
You can buy 5 of them for the price of a single hobie! You make it sound like plastic hobies are high tech kayaks. I hope they replaced the cables, pulley, and chains with sealed gears.

Yes because all knockoffs from China are always better quality.  :smt044 :smt044 :smt044

krusty

• No stinkin'
  • Sea Lion
  • Is This Edible?
  • View Profile

Yes because all knockoffs from China are always better quality.  :smt044 :smt044 :smt044

Chinese products do not need to be of better quality to sell well. Price point matters a great deal. If all we care about is better quality, no one would be buying plastic kayaks.

I think you should go around your house and check everything you own to see where they are made. You would be very surprised at how many products are made in china.

Dannarchy

• Salmon
  • View Profile

Chinese products do not need to be of better quality to sell well. Price point matters a great deal. If all we care about is better quality, no one would be buying plastic kayaks.

I think you should go around your house and check everything you own to see where they are made. You would be very surprised at how many products are made in china.

I know exactly how many products I have made in China. Not one of them are a cheap illegal knock off, but I agree price point matters. The other question is: Are all kayak plastics the same?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 03:45:13 PM by Dannarchy »

krusty

• No stinkin'
  • Sea Lion
  • Is This Edible?
  • View Profile

I know exactly how many products I have made in China. Not one of them are a cheap illegal knock off, but I agree price point matters. The other question is: Are all kayak plastics the same?

Good for you if you never downloaded or streamed illegal music or movies.

Of course not all plastic kayaks are the same. Different models have different characteristics to suit different market segments.

Sin Coast

• AOTY committee
  • Global Moderator
  • Pat Kuhl
  • View Profile Turf Image
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
I was browsing that alibaba site last night and saw knockoff Hobies (from this company U-boat) and knockoff Natives & other pedal drive yaks too. Priced at like $500-600 if you order a whole shipping container haha...
https://m.alibaba.com/product/60560401033/Fishing-Pedal-Kayak-Single.html?spm=a2706.7835515.1998800312.29.GQXGau#show_specifications
Photobucket Sucks!

Team A-Hulls

~old enough to know better, young enough to not care~

NowhereMan

• Manatee
  • 44.5"/38.5#
  • View Profile YouTube Channel
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
Don't think I'd trust a kayak called "U-boat"...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 07:33:13 PM by NowhereMan »
Born in Arizona
Moved to Babylonia
Got a condo made of stone-a

&

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2005
MOQ = 1. Who curious, wanna chip in on boat share? 

Dannarchy

• Salmon
  • View Profile

Good for you if you never downloaded or streamed illegal music or movies.

Of course not all plastic kayaks are the same. Different models have different characteristics to suit different market segments.

My point is the quality isn't going to be the same. The plastic used by Hobie, Wildy, Native, Ocean, or any other quality kayak builder is going to be much better than the plastic used by U-Boats knock offs made in China. The same goes for the pedal drive systems. Just look at the CEO vs BMW X5 or any other knock off product coming out of China.

I'm not standing on moral high ground, I'm looking at it from a ROI perspective. Sure you can buy a few knock offs for the same price as the Hobie, but at what actual cost. Are you going to trust a manufacture that steals designs, but doesn't meet the same quality standards with your life? What recourse will you have when the product fails on the ocean and someone dies? It took BMW 8 years and hundreds of millions to win its case to which China said "yeah you got us... So what".

anything