Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:23:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 11:13:05 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 03:17:35 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: GS7 - Tournament Results on Page 57  (Read 90611 times)

LoletaEric

• Gimme Shelter Annual Kayakfishing Tournament Director
  • Manatee
  • The focus is achieving a state of mind.
  • View Profile LoletaEric.com
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Who:  NCKA Members Only!  Past participants or sponsored club members only.  More on sponsorship below.

What:  The 7th Annual Gimme Shelter Kayakfishing Tournament.  This year's Grand Prize:  the Jackson Cuda 14 - sponsored by Headwaters Kayak Shop.  Other prizes listed below.  At least 1st through 10th places will receive desirable kayakfishing related gear.  All participants will receive a schwag bag with a t-shirt and some nice goodies.

When:  Saturday, May 18, 2013 - the north coast opener for rockfish and lingcod is Wednesday the 15th this year.  Register by getting post-marked by April 15th, 2013.  Many will arrive days before the event and/or stay for days afterward.  A safety seminar and tournament check-in will take place at the launch ramp Friday the 17th from 5 to 6PM.  A tournament-sponsored Gyotaku gathering will occur at a time and place to be announced.  Other tournament related activities to be announced.

Where:  Shelter Cove, California.  Awards and potluck to be held at The Tides Inn.  Group camping or private spots available through Shelter Cove Campground and Deli - (707) 986-7474.  Many hotels, inns and vacation rentals available - educate yourself with Google.

Why:  Read last year's welcome post for background information:  http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=35334.0

Sponsorship as a means of registering:  if you've attended a past GS event then you are free to register for GS7 if you are an NCKA member.  If you have not attended a past event then you must be an NCKA member AND you must seek the sponsorship of a club member who has attended a past GS event.  By sponsoring a newcomer to the event you are vouching for that person's character, and you agree to make yourself available to mediate any disputes or help with any undesirable situations that may arise involving your sponsoree.  Examples of undesirable situations include but are not limited to:  fighting, inappropriate intoxication, endangering others, vandalism, criminal behavior, actions that reflect poorly on the club as determined by the tournament director and tournament committee...etc.  The idea here is that by using this basic control we will be that much more likely to achieve success for the event by not having any undesirable situations caused by participants.

Changes this year:

- Human powered kayaks only - no Torques, no sails.

- Catch and release bonus this year is only allowed for VIDEOS showing length AND release of your longest fish of that species.  A set amount will be awarded for released fish that reach a threshhold size:
     - lingcod over 30" measured and released on video will be awarded 30 bonus points;
     - rockfish over 20" measured and released on video will be awarded 20 bonus points;
     - cabezon over 20" measured and released on video will be awarded 20 bonus points;
     - greenling over 14" measured and released on video will be awarded 10 bonus points.

- Check-in at the launch will be "self check-in", and only scores reaching a threshhold to be announced and posted at the check-in station will be verified by tournament staff.  A priority must be maintained for only bringing your best fish to check-in.  Clogging up self check-in by sorting your fish there may result in disqualification.  Bringing anything but your best fish to the verification table may result in disqualification and ridicule!

This event is not just a fishing tournament.  It's a gathering of people who share a love of Nature, respect for each other and the communities that we touch, and a focus on safely and conscientiously enjoying the sport of kayakfishing.  While we encourage newcomers to experience GS, we are not looking for first-time ocean goers or those who do not have the generally agreed upon capabilities and gear to be on the open water in a kayak.  If you are unsure of whether you have what it takes, by all means seek the training, gear and advice that is commonly discussed on the NCKA forums, find a sponsor, and bring the best of yourself to Shelter Cove.  All are welcome within some basic requirements, and all are expected to display a very high degree of sportsmanship, friendship and promotion of the success of the event and the club.

I'll update this thread with a current list of registered participants as well as updates on prizes and other tournament details.

If you don't have some degree of the Madness, maybe you don't belong.   :smt001

TOURNAMENT RULES, REGISTRATION FORM AND APPLICATION AND QUALIFICATION SHEET ATTACHED BELOW.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 10:47:07 PM by LoletaEric »
I am a licensed guide.  DFW Guide ID:  1000124.   Let's do a trip together.

Loleta Eric's Guide Service

loletaeric@yahoo.com - call me up at (707) 845-0400

http://www.loletaeric.com

Being an honorable sportsman is way more important than what you catch.

cajun

• ACA Instructor/Guide
  • Salmon
  • NOR CAL
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2008
Looks great Eric! I'm in!
Sponsored by: Pacific Outfitters, Native kayaks, Seeker rods. Seigler reels, b2 Squid, Promar. Stohlquist, Lingcod jigs.

Fish 'n Brew

• Sea Lion
  • Martin
  • View Profile
Can't wait.  Daviator and I are renting the same house as we had last year and plan to arrive on Thursday for a little pre-tournament fishing and maybe a Loose Screws potluck at the house one evening.  Gimme Shelter is always a FIRST CLASS event and I look forward to attending it for the fourth time.  The "Screws" will be there in full force!

Martin

Salty.

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Nice work Eric! The new video release aspect is very cool.

Sin Coast

• AOTY committee
  • Global Moderator
  • Pat Kuhl
  • View Profile Turf Image
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
It's only December and I'm already excited! Thanks Eric!
Photobucket Sucks!

Team A-Hulls

~old enough to know better, young enough to not care~

zisco

• Salmon
  • View Profile
looking forward to it, thanks Eric.  I am in
paintors hate holidays

tiny

• Striper
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2009
A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve,not by the desire to beat others-Ayn Rand

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 urban camo
RTM Abaco orange and black   HELL YEAH

Fish 'n Brew

• Sea Lion
  • Martin
  • View Profile
The check is in the mail!

KayakJames

• Sea Lion
  • Yes it is good
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2006
I have missed this the last few years but this year I'd like to attend. 
How does one go about finding a sponsor that has been to GS?
Where did he go george

polepole

• Administrator
  • View Profile Kayak Fishing Magazine
Who wants to sponsor me?

-Allen

Pacifico

• Oye! Que Vida!
  • Sea Lion
  • 12 seconds! That's all I need!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
I'm looking for a sponsor too...
Rub-cifico

ravensblack

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2007
Ill sponsor anyone who wants to go and needs a sponsor.

Eric, can the vid for the release be as simple as a video on my digital camera that you can see at the weigh-in? The whole go pro thing might not work for me. Thanks dood.
"I always entertain great hope" Robert Frost

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Who wants to sponsor me?

-Allen

I would, only if you slow down so I can catch-up with you  :smt005
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

polepole

• Administrator
  • View Profile Kayak Fishing Magazine
Who wants to sponsor me?

-Allen

I would, only if you slow down so I can catch-up with you  :smt005

Oh shit.  If you sponsor me, does that mean I have to fish with you?  Anyone else?    :smt044

-Allen

Sin Coast

• AOTY committee
  • Global Moderator
  • Pat Kuhl
  • View Profile Turf Image
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
I'll sponsor anybody I personally know who isn't a cheater and acts responsibly.
Photobucket Sucks!

Team A-Hulls

~old enough to know better, young enough to not care~