Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:34:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[Today at 11:50:57 AM]

[Today at 11:49:33 AM]

[Today at 11:22:14 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Is it time to reduce Rockfish limits?  (Read 5330 times)

crash

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007

I guess you still don't quite understand what I've been pointing out???

-Allen

I don't even see any effort to try to understand.  I'm not even sure what we are doing here at page 7 except maybe teaching Vic how to make toast out of bread.
"SCIENCE SUCKS" - bmb

srdave

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2011
I can only go by what I see and catch and having talked to other friends who have fish and dove this coastline sense the 60s and have watched it on top of the water as well as in the water we just think its time to trim the limit back to help with the pressure. I don't know what I am really talking about ? Good grief this is just kayak forum not an institution of fine learning. I just don't agree that 3 less fish caught is such a disastrous move. Your fun to chat with for sure. Good thing its just a chat.

polepole

• Administrator
  • View Profile Kayak Fishing Magazine
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
I can only go by what I see and catch and having talked to other friends who have fish and dove this coastline sense the 60s and have watched it on top of the water as well as in the water we just think its time to trim the limit back to help with the pressure. I don't know what I am really talking about ? Good grief this is just kayak forum not an institution of fine learning. I just don't agree that 3 less fish caught is such a disastrous move. Your fun to chat with for sure. Good thing its just a chat.

If only CDFW did the same.  They don't.

-Allen

Hojoman

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007

-Allen

I don't even see any effort to try to understand.  I'm not even sure what we are doing here at page 7 except maybe teaching Vic how to make toast out of bread.
Page 8 is imminent.

crash

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile

-Allen

I'll clarify my statement " wait..what ? I was looking at toasters " and my being taught to make toast.

There is no need for me to be taught .

I do know how to make toast.

I don't have any data to prove it .I could provide photos of me making toast , however they could be photoshopped or airbrushed to alter the appearance of me making toast .

My experience making toast or what I preceive to be toast , goes back to approximately 1967-1968 .My parents were my mentors .

You know the good old days , well for me as I experienced them or shall I say in my opinion they were good as far as making toast was/is concerned.

I have no data, documentation  or statistics to verify that they were good for others , I can only hypothesize that making toast in 1967-1968 was as good for everyone else as it was for me .

Except for those that weren't born or perhaps those that were too young and prohibited by their parents to operate small home appliances. Again I lack the statistical data to verify that statement .

Now to the heart of the matter regarding my statement "wait..what ? I was looking at toasters "

I was thoroughly engaged reading information regarding a Darth Vader Star Wars model toaster along with other themed toasters available to the general public for purchase .

As I was caught off guard and enthralled at the idea of making toast with the choices available for purchase such as the Dart Vader Star Wars model , I was also enticed and just as equally enthusiastic by the thought of a Storm Trooper Star Wars model as well as a 3CPO Star Wars model and a R2D2 Star Wars model.

All of which I'm sure would provide hours of toast making fun, however that would be nothing short of conjecture on my part as I did not purchase any of the aforementioned Star Wars model toasters .

Not for lack of funds mind you , my spouse said no . She thinks she's the boss of me . I trust we can keep that comment among ourselves ?

I digress.

In closing , I just hope my humble ,yet thorough explanation , is worthy as at this point anything else I could offer would be nothing more than superfluous hyperbole.

I bet they make a BB-8 toaster.  Despite your feelings of nostalgia, these are the good old days - RIGHT NOW
"SCIENCE SUCKS" - bmb

DG

• Sea Lion
  • First joined in 2013
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2014

I'll clarify my statement " wait..what ? I was looking at toasters " and my being taught to make toast.

I don't have any data to prove it .I could provide photos of me making toast , however they could be photoshopped or airbrushed to alter the appearance of me making toast .

My experience making toast or what I preceive to be toast , goes back to approximately 1967-1968 .My parents were my mentors .

You know the good old days , well for me as I experienced them or shall I say in my opinion they were good as far as making toast was/is concerned.

I have no data, documentation  or statistics to verify that they were good for others , I can only hypothesize that making toast in 1967-1968 was as good for everyone else as it was for me .

Except for those that weren't born or perhaps those that were too young and prohibited by their parents to operate small home appliances. Again I lack the statistical data to verify that statement .

Now to the heart of the matter regarding my statement "wait..what ? I was looking at toasters "

I was thoroughly engaged reading information regarding a Darth Vader Star Wars model toaster along with other themed toasters available to the general public for purchase .

As I was caught off guard and enthralled at the idea of making toast with the choices available for purchase such as the Dart Vader Star Wars model , I was also enticed and just as equally enthusiastic by the thought of a Storm Trooper Star Wars model as well as a 3CPO Star Wars model and a R2D2 Star Wars model.

All of which I'm sure would provide hours of toast making fun, however that would be nothing short of conjecture on my part as I did not purchase any of the aforementioned Star Wars model toasters .

Not for lack of funds mind you , my spouse said no . She thinks she's the boss of me . I trust we can keep that comment among ourselves ?

I digress.

In closing , I just hope my humble ,yet thorough explanation , is worthy as at this point anything else I could offer would be nothing more than superfluous hyperbole.
Go fishing already.  Don't you have a new kayak you can play with. 
-----------------------------------
NorCAL HOW Volunteer

2018 NCKA - DOTY Committee Member

2017 DOTY 2 biggest fish awards
2016 DOTY 2nd place / 4 biggest fish awards
2016 Triton X - 2nd place
2016 Triton Open - Biggest Lingcod
2014 DOTY - 1 biggest fish award

DG

• Sea Lion
  • First joined in 2013
  • View Profile
Cmon you Two , you cant tell me  you didnt laugh a just a little ..I was cracking up  writing it   :smt044
I don't like toast.  But I love turtles
NorCAL HOW Volunteer

Fisherman X

• Sea Lion
  • Going to the ocean is going home
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
Cmon you Two , you cant tell me  you didnt laugh a just a little ..I was cracking up  writing it   :smt044
I don't like toast.  But I love turtles
-Success is living the life you want-
Joel ><>

Hammerhead avatar in memory of CdM

DG

• Sea Lion
  • First joined in 2013
  • View Profile

Perhaps being in the Corps and having to eat  SOS has ruined for you ,the wonder toast is 
Was there toast in that? 
NorCAL HOW Volunteer

polepole

• Administrator
  • View Profile Kayak Fishing Magazine
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004

-Allen

I digress.

Just think Vic, you could have been sleeping.

-Allen

steelhead

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008

So for some of you 3 less in your bag could have a negative effect?  Some how I just don't see that for sport fishing in Sonoma county. I guess we just trug along and do nothing and see how it goes and if it gets worse then we change it. I don't agree with that at all. I sure don't rely on fish and game to fix it.

Yes, it's 3 less for no reason. And I'm sure it matters a whole lot to dudes that fish once or twice a year, people that drive 3-4 hours to get to the coast, or anybody else that doesnt have the luxury of keeping two and coming back the next weekend to get a couple more.  After decades of stacking bodies and filling sacks I can see why you don't place any value on them, but your opinion doesnt hold any more weight than theirs, no matter how good it makes you feel.

We're also not trudging along.....more evidence that you dont really know what you're talking about.  I haven't been the biggest fan of the dfg but their adaptive management of the groundfishery as of late seems to be alot more responsive than years past. 

We also have a whole lot of untouchable real estate out there thats off limits due to depth restrictions, mpa's or marine sanctuaries....so the'res plenty of fish swimming around out there. 

You dont trust the dfg but you dont make any effort to understand why they do what they do?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Excellent post!

crash

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
"SCIENCE SUCKS" - bmb

yakyakyak

• Sea Lion
  • Huh? What?
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2016
2019 Hobie Outback
2017 Hobie Adventure Island
2016 Santa Cruz Raptor G2 - Surf/stability champ!
2015 Hobie Revolution 16 - Speedster
2016 NuCanoe Frontier 12 - Extra stable with crazy load capability

-----------------
FOR SALE
-----------------

Rods and Reels: http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=88549.0 (Shimanos, Casting/Spinning Rods + Reels

scottymeboy

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2013
Hey Vic,
Just windering if u know how to boil water?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Crabfest - 1st Place -Rock Crab Division
2014 Fall Classic - 1st Place

2019 Hobie Outback
2014 RTM Abaco 420

crash

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Hey Vic,
Just windering if u know how to boil water?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I excel at boiling water and am quite fond of doing so as I use a French press for coffee every morning.

However as much fun and interesting the topic of boiling water is , let us not continue to detract from the original topic.

I have already monopolized and mongrolized it enough on my own and do not want to be the impetus for others to follow suit. 

We were done talking about that other stuff tho.
"SCIENCE SUCKS" - bmb