Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:52:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 01:58:19 AM]

[Today at 12:32:58 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:38:53 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:36:10 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:28:01 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 09:35:28 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 09:34:00 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 07:44:11 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 04:54:29 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 01:54:14 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 11:53:02 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 11:47:27 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:36:28 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:19:30 AM]

[April 14, 2024, 09:28:20 PM]

[April 14, 2024, 11:07:25 AM]

[April 14, 2024, 07:39:42 AM]

[April 13, 2024, 05:09:58 PM]

[April 13, 2024, 11:43:58 AM]

[April 12, 2024, 10:13:23 PM]

[April 12, 2024, 10:01:01 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Frank J. Miller Memorial Striper-Hali Day at Pt. San Pablo Yacht Harbor Aug 24  (Read 10956 times)

JacksDiving

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2013
Yo Yo everyone!
Been slammed busy and havent had time to Chime in till Now!  Thanks to Michael Da Bruddah for putting in the kind effort and time. This one is going to be awesome! everyone should know that I will have LIVE BAIT available same as last year....

What do you guys Think about making a Permanent Trophy that peoples names get put on each year?   Keep the legacy Going!

JacksDiving

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2013
Oh... one more thing. Can Admin Pin this event?  Thanks!

Schills206

• Salmon
  • 2016 Hobie Outback
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2016
Reg sent.. gonna be a great weekend!

Da Bruddah

• Salmon
  • Da Bruddah with my son Gabe, Whitefish, Montana
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2013
Hey Chris,
Thanks for your interest, There’s already a lot of interest in this event.
It is in such a beautiful area of San Pablo Bay that many do not know exists.
With live anchovies the Brothers are gonna be hot time for Stripers.
Trying to keep Capt. Frank’s love of the Bay and this special place that he called home to be shared by others.
Aloha,
Michael da Bruddah
Enjoy this slide show that were taken today:
Link to Point San Pablo Yacht Harbor-7/15/17 NCKA Fishing Tournament:

Link to 7-15-17 Striper?Hali Tournament Slideshow:

http://play.smilebox.com/SpreadMoreHappy/4e4455314d6a51344e7a5a384d5441304f4445324e7a63780d0a

2016 Hobie Revo 13
2014 Hobie Oasis Tandem

Crum

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2014
So glad to hear this will be happening again this year.  Brought our tent trailer out last year.  A beautiful hidden spot on the bay.  The clubhouse is a huge space perfect for for spending time off the water with a bar, full kitchen and plenty of seating.  Jack and a few residents of the harbor made us feel at home and what a pleasure hearing stories and gaining knowledge of fishing the bay from Frank.  We too caught lots of stripers at the Brothers and got a few undersized halibut in the flats.  And very cool seeing the monster Sean brought in late in the day.  Michael, you are a great host and look forward to seeing you in August. 
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 09:07:00 PM by Crum »

Da Bruddah

• Salmon
  • View Profile

Hi Josh and Colton,
Thanks so much for your good words and great pic of Colton with his big stripers about the Hali-'Striper Event from last year. We were greatly saddened by Capt. Frank's untimely passing and it only seemed right to name this year's event after Frank; as he was the heart, soul and spirit of this special place that he loved so much. You and Colton hauled up some big stripers last year, more to come!!!
Look forward to seeing you guys again for some great fishing, eating and re-connecting.
Take Care,
Michael

http://play.smilebox.com/SpreadMoreHappy/4e4455314d6a51344e7a5a384d5441304f4445324e7a63780d0a

2016 Hobie Revo 13
2014 Hobie Oasis Tandem

simplycook

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2014
Hey Michael,

Looks like I might be able to attend for a few hours in the morning. 
Sending my PayPal registration to you now.

- Kevin

ElefantDude

• Sand Dab
  • Life Is Good!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017

The 1st Frank J. Miller Memorial Hali-Striper Day at Pt. San Pablo Yacht Harbor
                                                        August 24, Saturday
                                         At the Point San Pablo Yacht Harbor
                                  1900 Stenmark Drive, Richmond, CA 94801

Dear Friends,

For the past 2 years Jack Johnson, myself (Michael S. Yamagata) and Pt. San Pablo Yacht Harbor have sponsored the first Hali-Striper Tournament in 2017. Last year, 2018, with the help of Kevin Nguyen (SimplyCook), we sponsored a Hali-Striper Day on August 4th. We were very fortunate during the last 2 years to have had Capt. Frank J. Miller and the Fury to help us provide live anchovies and his incredible knowledge of fishing in the Bay. For 30+ years Capt. Frank, as we called him, fished the Bay and was a master with the tides and when and where to fish for different species. Last year, on August 4th, we decided that we did not have time to sponsor another tournament and made it into a Hali-Striper Day w/ live bait. Capt. Frank told us about the tides and when to hit the Stripers at the Brothers. For those of you who were there, that was incredible fishing. Josh Crumb and his son Colton hauled in some great fish. Colton is a hardcore teenage kayak fisherman. He hauled in the biggest stripers.

This past January 5, 2018, we lost Capt. Frank who had a rapid onset of cancer and chose to have his last memories of the harbor as those of good times and good friends. Capt. Frank was the spirit of Pt. San Pablo Yacht Harbor and our fishing community. During his last 2 years, I was lucky to have spent many times visiting with Capt. Frank on the Fury catching stripers as he was going about his business. He would tell me how lucky he was to be able to live at the Harbor. “It’s so peaceful and beautiful here”. His wisdom of the Bay and awareness of maintaining the ecology of the Bay ecosystem was something close to his heart.

In recognition of a Wise Man, the owners, residents of the Harbor, Jack Johnson and myself have decided to name this year’s Hali-Striper Day; The Frank J. Miller Memorial Hali-Striper Day at Pt. San Pablo Yacht Harbor.

With the generosity of the owners of the Harbor, we will be able to provide a unique and incredible kayak fishing experience in San Pablo Bay. Camping (RV, camper, tent) will be available for out of towners for both Friday and Saturday nights at no extra cost.  Rodney and Kelly Jue came all the way from Fresno and had a blast!! We will be putting on a “to die for” Saturday evening party. Jack Johnson has offered to donate another pig for Caja China Roast. We will be providing most of the main food and may request people attending to bring veggies, salads, etc.
The Clubhouse has been renovated and has become a destination spot for weddings, parties and other events. On most weekends there has been live music at the Clubhouse Bar. The Nobilis Restaurant had gone through some changes with a new chef, Ryan, who has been blowing people’s minds with his savory local favorites and fusion cuisine, along with the favorites of burgers and fish and chips. There will be more people at the Harbor because of the restaurant, but that will not change the spirit and quality of the day. We are fortunate to use the Clubhouse facilities; thanks to the Harbor owners.

We are charging $30 for the event and live anchovies will be sold at a reasonable price. If you are attending bring a live bait container. It can be something very simple that immerses in the water to keep the bait alive.

We chose the date August 24th because it was the only Saturday in August with a 3.9’ High (flood) tide at 7:54am and the Low 3’(ebb) tide at 12:14pm. This will be a great opportunity to fish the Brothers for a few hours with the ebb tide. Last year the stripers were boiling at the Brothers. We were dropping down with a 6oz. torpedo weight and 2/0 live bait jigs and the stripers were hitting the bait as soon as you dropped down. We are hoping that we will have a repeat this year.

For kayak fishermen who have not fished the Bay and have wanted to learn in a safe environment, this is your opportunity to talk to and fish with some of our veteran NCKA Bay kayak fishermen and get some great San Pablo Bay fishing in early fall.

We recommend that you bring a VHF radio or if you are fishing without a radio, be close to others. If you have never fished in the Bay or the Brothers/San Pablo Bay, we will be giving a safety and informational talk on Friday evening regarding the optimal times to fish the ebb tide for stripers. We recommend that you attend our Friday evening safety meeting if you are a first timer.

Bring your family, good spirits and fishing fever to this event. The Harbor is also home of Jack’s incredible dogs, Shadow and Cherry. The dinner/potluck will be at the Clubhouse on Saturday evening/night and the bar will be open. There will be a variety of beer on draft, wine and other mixed drinks for sale.

Come and continue this great early fall tradition and Capt. Frank will be there in spirit; he never left.

Aloha,
The Owners of the Harbor, Darryl Henline, Jack Johnson, the staff and myself, Michael S. Yamagata (da Bruddah) and Oh, Capt. Frank Miller!

If you are planning to attend, please send a check for $30 to:

Michael Yamagata
5557 Brookdale Ave.
Oakland, CA 94605
Or PayPal to: msyamagata@comcast.net

If you have any questions, you can call, text or email me at:
510-282-4831
msyamagata@comcast.net

link to slide show of the Harbor from 2017 Tournament:

http://play.smilebox.com/SpreadMoreHappy/4e4455314d6a51344e7a5a384d5441304f4445324e7a63780d0a :fish :fish :fish

Christy and I will be bringing our 27' Jayco Travel Trailer on Friday after 6:00pm. Save a spot for us, Bruddah!!! Looking forward to what seems like an awesome event for the first time!!!  Mahalo!
Cheers!!!
Ed Elefante
Tight Lines ............ <'))))»•{
<o)))))><            <o)))))><

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((º>
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((º>
¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((º>

shoprat

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2013
PayPal sent I'm in😁

kayakjack

• Sea Lion
  • kayakjack
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
Hell yeah!!   I'll be there!!

exhibita

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
In +1.
Paypal...Check!

Da Bruddah

• Salmon
  • View Profile
July 30, 2019

Aloha NCKA Bruddahs and Sistahs,

I know that we are all busy, maybe, some less than others. Lots of great fishing, Albion 2019 coming up this weekend, summer flying by. I was down at the Pt. San Pablo Yacht Harbor recently with my older son Jonah to show him the Harbor and to talk about the logistics of our August 24th Capt. Frank J. Miller Memorial Hali-Striper Day with one of the harbor owners Daryl Henline. Attendees will have access to the shower and bathroom facilities in the Clubhouse. We are encouraging families with children to come. There is now a herd of Nubian goats w/ 4 little kid goats who are very friendly as well as a herd of multi-colored chickens that are out free ranging and running around during the day.
As we walked around, I am always struck by how special and beautiful this place is!!! Jack Johnson, the harbormaster, is getting a whole pig again for the Caja China and I am trying to see if we can cater Marvin Lau for his dynamite pulled pork. Marvin, no pressure!!! We are pulling out all the stops for the Party on Saturday evening. The Clubhouse Bar will be open with draft beer, mixed drinks, wine as well as other non-alcoholic beverages. There will be a number of couples fishing together, fathers and sons, 1st timers fishing the Bay and NCKA Veterans. As of right now, we have about 30 people signed up or promised me that that they will be coming for sure. Hey, you guys, you know who you are, send me your $30 via PayPal or mail me your check to my home address. We are anticipating more attendees this year, through word of mouth, and Keith Nguyen has generously offered to post an article about the August 24th event on his “The Lost Anchovy Blog” and will be joining us at the Harbor this year; Mahalo, Keith!!
The Harbor has limited camping space for bigger campers and RV’s. The Nobilis Restaurant has been open for a while now, will be open both days Saturday and Sunday; so, there will be people coming for lunch/brunch who will not be part of our group. We are offering free camping for out of towners or locals for both Friday and Saturday nights. Jason (Fishguts) Peralta  will be bringing his whole family again this year and staying for the whole weekend. I am hoping that there will be more families and children this year. That’s what Capt. Frank would have wanted.

More Information:
●   3.9’ High/flood tide at 7:54am and 3’ Low/ebb tide at 12:14pm
●   Live anchovies wil be available at a low cost

Event Information
Target Species: Halibut and Striped Bass
Where: 1900 Stenmark Drive, Richmond, CA 94801
When: Saturday, August 24, 2019
Cost: $30

Payment: Michael Yamagata
Address: 5557 Brookdale Ave, Oakland, CA 94605
Contact Phone: 510-282-4831
Paypal: msyamagata@comcast.net

Hope to see you there and Capt. Frank will be watching over us.

Mahalo nui loa,
Michael da Bruddah Yamagata

2016 Hobie Revo 13
2014 Hobie Oasis Tandem

Da Bruddah

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Gee, sorry most of the pics are sideways, but you can get a feeling of the place.
Aloha,
Michael da Bruddah Yamagata

2016 Hobie Revo 13
2014 Hobie Oasis Tandem

exhibita

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
Hayden and I are looking forward to it - looks like it is going to be a special event.

Da Bruddah

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Glad you guys are coming!! Looking forward to meet the both of you. There will be another Father and son team there for the 2nd year Josh and Colton Crum🎣🐟🙏🌈😎

2016 Hobie Revo 13
2014 Hobie Oasis Tandem

anything