Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:45:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[Today at 11:50:57 AM]

[Today at 11:49:33 AM]

[Today at 11:22:14 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: [SITE] Too many emails  (Read 5207 times)

Tote

• One life, right? Don't blow it.
  • Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
You could have saved a bunch. I got like 15 emails at once notifying me about private messages from a week earlier. Can you just clear the queue of that kind of thing?

Adjust YOUR settings so you don't get them.
Some of us like that feature.
<=>

Life_is_Yak

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2017
Lately we've been hitting out email per day limit with our email provided.  That limit is at 500 emails.  Currently we are 2.5 days behind in sending mails because of this.  I took a look at the mail queue.  Most of them are notification of replies to a topic, or of new topics (geez, a bunch of you subscribe to the For Sale section, no wonder some people move fast.

I'll be looking into a cheap email service with a higher minimum.  But in the meantime, I plan on disabling these functions, perhaps first disabling the new topic notification.  I mean, come here to see new topics.  Anyways, just a heads up, and a thread for you all to bitch about it in.   :smt005

-Allen
I'm new to the sight to I just wanted to make sure this doesn't include notifications where you have to click on unread or show new reply's?

Hojoman

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
Lately we've been hitting out email per day limit with our email provided.  That limit is at 500 emails.  Currently we are 2.5 days behind in sending mails because of this.  I took a look at the mail queue.  Most of them are notification of replies to a topic, or of new topics (geez, a bunch of you subscribe to the For Sale section, no wonder some people move fast.

I'll be looking into a cheap email service with a higher minimum.  But in the meantime, I plan on disabling these functions, perhaps first disabling the new topic notification.  I mean, come here to see new topics.  Anyways, just a heads up, and a thread for you all to bitch about it in.   :smt005

-Allen
I'm new to the sight to I just wanted to make sure this doesn't include notifications where you have to click on unread or show new reply's?
Refers to the Notify button at the top of each thread, like this one.

crash

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007
You could have saved a bunch. I got like 15 emails at once notifying me about private messages from a week earlier. Can you just clear the queue of that kind of thing?

lol technophobes.

Ken can't change his settings to clear the queue no matter how much you like the feature and don't want yours cleared just to make sure you get notifications about your PMs a good week after they are sent.
"SCIENCE SUCKS" - bmb

polepole

• Administrator
  • View Profile Kayak Fishing Magazine
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004

-Allen

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking.  Yes, I was thinking about disabling new topic notifications (emails).  But I think you are asking if the show unread or show new reply links at the upper left will still work.  Is that what you are asking?  If so, yes, those will still work.

-Allen

E Kayaker

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010

I like getting the PM notifications too. Getting 15 in one day for messages I got and read a week ago doesn't help me much. I just imagined that the queue is full of late and no longer needed notifications. It sounds like there is no easy way to delete them from the queue so you can rest easy. You will still get all your PM notifications from last week.  :smt006
http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=42846.msg470404#msg470404

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.  ~John Buchan

Fisherman X

• Sea Lion
  • Going to the ocean is going home
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
That's an odd one, as I seemed to have been getting PM notices timely.
-Success is living the life you want-
Joel ><>

Hammerhead avatar in memory of CdM

polepole

• Administrator
  • View Profile Kayak Fishing Magazine
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
It seems to have resolved itself.  We use Google Mail for our mail service.  They must have had a hickup for a few days.

I'm just going to leave it as is, and not disable any features for the time being.  And I'll just monitor it ...

-Allen

• Fishing is the perpetual series occasion of hope.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009
It seems to have resolved itself.  We use Google Mail for our mail service.  They must have had a hickup for a few days.

I'm just going to leave it as is, and not disable any features for the time being.  And I'll just monitor it ...

-Allen
Thank you for all your hard work and keeping this site running smooth! This site keeps me sane! :)
Live today for tomorrow's sake.
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.

Weimarian

• Sea Lion
  • The fish, I hear them! work can wait! let's go!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Well, don't know if it helped, but i reviewed all my old PMs and deleted all 350+ thanks for keeping the site rolling
Come on out! It's time to play. It's time for TROUT Bass and STRIPER. Let go of the hand brake!

anything