Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:58:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 09:59:11 PM]

[Today at 09:44:18 PM]

[Today at 09:12:36 PM]

[Today at 09:05:54 PM]

[Today at 07:11:09 PM]

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: [KFM] Samsung Galaxy S4 Active  (Read 2433 times)

polepole

• Administrator
  • View Profile Kayak Fishing Magazine
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Looking for a waterproof cellphone? We were, and we were pleasantly satisfied by the Samsung Galaxy S4.

http://www.kayakfishingmagazine.net/gear-guide/91-new-kayak-gear/1751-samsung-s4-active.html

C K

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2010
I currently have the galaxy s4, I was thinking about getting the seidio obex case, heard some great reviews about the product

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

polepole

• Administrator
I currently have the galaxy s4, I was thinking about getting the seidio obex case, heard some great reviews about the product

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Cool.  We're also currently working on an article that will review various waterproof case options.  I'll see if we can get some of these in for review.

-Allen

C K

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Lifeproof supposed to be making one for the S4 but no idea when its going to be out on the market.  I think im just going to buy the obex from seidio directly.

C K

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Lifeproof supposed to be making one for the S4 but no idea when its going to be out on the market.  I think im just going to buy the obex from seidio directly.

polepole

• Administrator

Lifeproof announced just today that they will be available starting in October.

-Allen

fishkraft

• Come to the "light".
  • Sea Lion
  • Stealth, Ducati and Lotus, light makes right.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
I don't think I'd wait for the LifeProof. I really liked my first one and they we're great about replacing it when I cracked the screen cover. But when I got the replacement it was much harder to get used to. The screen was much less sensitive, you really have to stab at the keyboard and even then you're much more likely to get the wrong letter. Double tapping and pinching are almost unusable. Also, the speaker phone gets crazy feedback and is really hard to hear unless you open the charger door thereby eliminating the waterproof feature. Another thing I noticed this time is that the camera lens cover got scratched much easier, now all my photos are hazy. It's too bad cause I really did like the first one I bought.

ruben
Stealth Kayaks Pro Staff

polepole

• Administrator
I don't think I'd wait for the LifeProof. I really liked my first one and they we're great about replacing it when I cracked the screen cover. But when I got the replacement it was much harder to get used to. The screen was much less sensitive, you really have to stab at the keyboard and even then you're much more likely to get the wrong letter. Double tapping and pinching are almost unusable. Also, the speaker phone gets crazy feedback and is really hard to hear unless you open the charger door thereby eliminating the waterproof feature. Another thing I noticed this time is that the camera lens cover got scratched much easier, now all my photos are hazy. It's too bad cause I really did like the first one I bought.

ruben

Hey Ruben, you should check out the Lifeproof nuud.  Instead of an actual cover over the screen, the screen is bare (nuud!), with a gasket fitting around it keeping it sealed.

-Allen

fishkraft

• Come to the "light".
  • Sea Lion
  • Stealth, Ducati and Lotus, light makes right.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010

ruben

Hey Ruben, you should check out the Lifeproof nuud.  Instead of an actual cover over the screen, the screen is bare (nuud!), with a gasket fitting around it keeping it sealed.

-Allen

Unfortunately I don't think they make one for the iPhone 4 :(
Stealth Kayaks Pro Staff

anything