Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:34:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[Today at 11:50:57 AM]

[Today at 11:49:33 AM]

[Today at 11:22:14 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Cosumnes River Preserve Hookup 12/3  (Read 2963 times)

AnglingWes

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2011

Hit me up when you decide to make the journey Wes, It really is an amazing fishery! I miss that place most of all since I left the delta. Ill be at your old home water on Monday chasing crappie and stripers :) that will have to fulfill my fix for now!

Awesome. Was out there last week.  Not fishing, but hiked the lake early one morning.  Lots of boils between the launch and inlet on North end.  Let me know how it goes!

WillFo

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2015
I'm in, see you there, grey urban camo T13. I don't know anything about bass fishing but I'll be there with shad crankbait, senko, rattletrap, and high hopes, unless the ocean miraculously decides to lay down this weekend.

MolonLabe916

• Salmon
  • View Profile Knowledge is Power.
  • Date Registered: Jan 2016
Is there a boat launch there or somewhere to pull the truck up close to the water? Or is it a jungle launch?
Joe Mag. Green/black WS Radar 135.

"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

www.Freediveshop.com

MolonLabe916

• Salmon
In all my years of boating and yakking the delta, I have yet to venture into the preserve. Definitely on my short list of places to check out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hit me up when you decide to make the journey Wes, It really is an amazing fishery! I miss that place most of all since I left the delta. Ill be at your old home water on Monday chasing crappie and stripers :) that will have to fulfill my fix for now!

What place are you going to on Monday for crappie?

"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

www.Freediveshop.com

Ronaldo

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2014
Is there a boat launch there or somewhere to pull the truck up close to the water? Or is it a jungle launch?
There is a dock. You can't pull up to it and it's a good 300 foot or so walk but it's on a nicely paved sidewalk and not bad with wheels. The visitors center may have loaner wheels.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.

racer414

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2013
Just like Santa Cruz...there are no fish there...

Cosumnes should be clearer by then, was a bit muddy the other day. I’ll try to make it out
Headwaters Kayak Fishing Team

Lingling

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2017
If my Sunday remains free I may come do this. Like to fish new areas and meet new folks plus, I'm new to the kayak world so could use the tour!

Lingling

• Salmon
  • View Profile
have radio tuned to ch 69. Give me a call from parking lot if you don't see me.

any radio recommendations? I use them all the time for work but they're $600 a piece Motorolas. Looking at amazon for under $100.

Lingling

• Salmon
  • View Profile
I'm in, I'll be there at 7.30am.

MolonLabe916

• Salmon
Just confirming I’ll be there 0730. I’ll be in the red Tacoma with the green/black WS radar 135.

Mark Twain

www.Freediveshop.com

kokoloco

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
I'll be there around 7:30.......silver Tundra and a Outback.

Sam
Emperor of the World

kokoloco

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Is this water OK with a Hobie......or is it real shallow?  Is there a parking fee and if so how much?  I hate getting there and discovering the fee is 5 bucks and all I have are 20's.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 03:23:41 PM by kokoloco »
Emperor of the World

Ronaldo

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Kokoloco it can get shallow. Low tide is around noon. I can show you where to be careful.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.

kokoloco

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Maybe I'll bring the paddle boat.....no FF but it can go in 3 inches of water.
Emperor of the World

Ronaldo

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Thanks y'all that came. I think everyone caught some fish. I caught a crappie with my first cast and 8 bass. I think kokoloco may have caught the most. I think he said 14 bass throwing a crankbait. Nice weather but the Mokelumne River had some challenging current. Every where else was easy going.