Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:42:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 06:20:40 PM]

[Today at 06:06:38 PM]

[Today at 04:50:16 PM]

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[Today at 11:50:57 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: 2017 Junior AOTY Rules  (Read 1970 times)

bmb

• Please unsubscribe me from the
  • AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
Hi All,

As a clarification to our 2017 JR AOTY Competition, we're publishing the following rule(s) for JR AOTY.

•   Junior AOTY ("JAOTY") is limited to members under the age of 18 on January 1, 2017. Entrance is free. Prizes are TBD but will be awarded to at least the top three.  Fish entered for JAOTY are not subject to the AOTY rules except for the "Retention Rule".  This is to encourage participation by Junior anglers in fishing of all types, whether it be via shore, kayak or boat.

So the only rule that applies for JAOTY is the rule that the fish must be legal to be kept. We do not wish to encourage picture taking of fish that are not legal for retention as it could result in excessive handling.  Other items for JAOTY:

1. There is no specific rule that the Jr has to catch the fish from the kayak.  Obviously the preference is that they go on the kayaks with you, but take a kid fishing in any way you can!
2. The Waterway Rule does not apply, except that fish should be caught within our borders. 
3. Mouth open, posing, measurement, etc rules are not strictly enforced.  We would like you to please try to take high quality pictures of the fish so do your best but we're not strict on this for JAOTY.
4. Please take a kid fishing!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 05:15:32 PM by Sin Coast »

MontanaN8V

• I swear it was this big!
  • Sea Lion
  • It's BANG TIME!!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Live your life, the way you want to be remembered. Don't have any regrets, we only get this one dance to make it count. Start at your eulogy, and work backwards.

NoSoupForU

• @paradisepescador on IG
  • Sea Lion
  • "If I'm not fishing, I'm sure thinking about it."
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
Sounds good Ben!  Congrats to this years JAOTY - Cody!  Jack is already excited about competing again this year and will be OTW soon.

beenfishin

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2005
Very cool, and thanks for keeping this going!  My boys had fun seeing their fish posted up last year, and are in it to win it this year!   :smt003
If you need a hand coordinating any JAOTY efforts I'd be more than happy to help out.

bmb

• AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
Very cool, and thanks for keeping this going!  My boys had fun seeing their fish posted up last year, and are in it to win it this year!   :smt003
If you need a hand coordinating any JAOTY efforts I'd be more than happy to help out.
Please feel free to send a message to vwool or novofish, they're in charge of the JAOTY competition.  Us AOTY Committee members just do the fish approval type things.

beenfishin

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2005
Please feel free to send a message to vwool or novofish, they're in charge of the JAOTY competition.  Us AOTY Committee members just do the fish approval type things.

Good deal!

vwool

• "Grab life by the Paddle"
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2011
Remember Junior AOTY is free, if you haven't signed your child up, do it. They do not have to fish from a kayak. They can fish from a boat, kayak, or land.
Eddyline Caribbean 12
OK Malibu Two XL
Hobie Revo

Host of Crabfest 2012-2022

bmb

• AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
Remember Junior AOTY is free, if you haven't signed your child up, do it. They do not have to fish from a kayak. They can fish from a boat, kayak, or land.
Doesn't have to be your kid either.  Just don't pick some random kid off the street though.

We have a couple competitors who are submitting fish for friend's and neighbor's kids - take a kid fishing!  I'm gonna try to get my little one out soon for her first fish of 2017.