Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:26:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 06:57:41 AM]

[March 28, 2024, 11:47:21 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 11:34:08 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:44:18 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:12:36 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 07:11:09 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Striper and Halibut Event!! San Pablo Bay, July 15  (Read 19307 times)

Jason B

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2012

VK

Used to go out of the harbor there back in the day on a charter boat a lot called the New Keesa with Capt . Mike . Anyone remember the old whaling station .. this sounds interesting , hope to have a new kayak by then
Vic I remember the New Keesa.  Scubaluis and I have fished out of there many times on the charterboat "The Fury" back in the day.  Man, that brings back alot of memories.

Thanks for putting this thing together Jack.  It sounds like it could be a really good event.  I look forward to it.

yep !!! grew up down there ...remember I`m a Salesian grad ..lol

VK

Who's big jim?

you dont know ?!?  oh man   that`ll cost you , Jason B buying beer for everyone  !!!!  :smt003  Big Jim is, well ..... he`s Big Jim   :smt044

soleman

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2012
Who's big jim?

you dont know ?!?  oh man   that`ll cost you , Jason B buying beer for everyone  !!!!  :smt003  Big Jim is, well ..... he`s Big Jim   :smt044
You'll know him when you shake his hand.

myyak8me

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2016
I can't wait to see this marina... and have a fishing spot where I can bring the travel trailer.  I'm sorry to say I will not be in town on July 14 (first trip to Alaska!)   That July date does look good with an outgoing tide early AM. But I noticed the first week of August has some nice rising tides early AM.  If it gets pushed back from July, I'm rooting for August. Anyway sounds like a great event but way before that I want to check out the marina. Looks like they hired the right guy!  Thanks for planning this event.

JacksDiving

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2013
Sounds like fun, I'm in the only question I have do you have a reserve a space for your trailer? Thanks for setting this event up.

I will be setting up the trailer spaces in May, and developing a map for everyone with sizes and spaces!

JacksDiving

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
Used to go out of the harbor there back in the day on a charter boat a lot called the New Keesa with Capt . Mike . Anyone remember the old whaling station .. this sounds interesting , hope to have a new kayak by then
Vic I remember the New Keesa.  Scubaluis and I have fished out of there many times on the charterboat "The Fury" back in the day.  Man, that brings back alot of memories.

Thanks for putting this thing together Jack.  It sounds like it could be a really good event.  I look forward to it.

The Fury is still running with Capt. Frank!! hes going out for sturgeon and bass this Saturday!

Weimarian

• Sea Lion
  • The fish, I hear them! work can wait! let's go!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Who's big jim?

You'll know him when you shake his hand.
Jim is now giving MAN hugs...  :smt002 Saving hand damage :smt044
Come on out! It's time to play. It's time for TROUT Bass and STRIPER. Let go of the hand brake!

JacksDiving

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
Alright everyone, I am moving into the next Phase of this event and I need some help. I have a name for the yearly event and it shall be named:

"Red White and Stripers, just for the Halibut"

This is what I need help with Right now:

- Sponsor Donations for the raffle (proceeds going to pay it forward)
- Artwork for the digital and printable flyer
- help setting up registration and event page(I already have a paypal account set up)

If anyone has experience doing this and can help, we would greatly appreciate it!

FYI:  32" halibut was caught 2 days ago in 5ft of water slow trolling dead anchovie... right outside the harbor, last weekend (2) sturgeon were caught right outside.. 57" and 44"

Frenchy

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2013
Never fished there but it sounds fun. My family will be in France, so no need for a E ticket :-) I'm game if I'm not traveling.
Would we be able to stay overnight? Sorry but not very familiar with the area

ravensblack

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2007
That sounds super fun Jack. I'll be there. This will be a great midsummer event that is central to most folks. Good job.
"I always entertain great hope" Robert Frost

I Zod Out

• I think(?) I got a bite!
  • Salmon
  • A Shark is already in the boat
  • View Profile I Zod Out
  • Date Registered: Feb 2014
As I am reading this and thinking this guys "NEW" and I am "NEW" I can't help but think of the founders of the site and a big THANK YOU! You guys are rockstars! I'm hopping this year I can start attending some of these events...

Yeah, what he said ^^^

Looks like fun and a good time on the 15th of July, hope I can make it.

I Zod Out
Our world was NOT deeded to us by our forefathers... it was loaned to us by our children.

JacksDiving

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
Never fished there but it sounds fun. My family will be in France, so no need for a E ticket :-) I'm game if I'm not traveling.
Would we be able to stay overnight? Sorry but not very familiar with the area

During this event there is spaces to put up tents and also places to park your RV, but keep in mind there is no hookups or dump station here.

raydon

• Sea Lion
  • Fishy in the sea, won't you bite my hook for me?
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2010
PIF is a good recipient of any funds raised.  I would also like to suggest HOW-NorCal if you haven't made up your mind yet . (Facebook-Nor Cal) 

TW

• Sea Lion
  • daleshark
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011

FYI:  32" halibut was caught 2 days ago in 5ft of water slow trolling dead anchovie... right outside the harbor, last weekend (2) sturgeon were caught right outside.. 57" and 44"

Thanks for the report.
NorCal HOW Volunteer

Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
Ocean Kayak T13

2015 Forbay  Fish N Chill Storm Trooper .
2017 Berry Slam Fish N Chill Storm Trooper.