Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:26:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 09:59:11 PM]

[Today at 09:44:18 PM]

[Today at 09:12:36 PM]

[Today at 09:05:54 PM]

[Today at 07:11:09 PM]

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: F.W. Tiki Event Results - Season Finalley  (Read 8159 times)

The X Inn Keeper

• Life is Good!
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2007
Thank you,
To all who attended today, and throughout the year.
This has been the greatest season for me and I can't say enough how glad I am to be part of this great group of people. 

What can I say,
The fishing was a little tough today, but who really cared? Today was about friends joining together and enjoying the company of others with like interests ... any fish caught was simply a bonus.
As I talked with people in the crowd, I found many people showing up just to see what was happening. Could you imagine what was going through their heads as they see 105 kayaks taking to the water like a Parade on Thanksgiving morn.
Although it felt more festive, than a serious Fishing Derby, there were quite a few fish measured today, and three came out victorious.

Third Place was conquered by none other than the Striper Killer herself, Ms. Ashley Ratcliffe (20 1/8" Striper)
Second Place was edged in by young Connor Schwartz / Ronnokk (20 1/4" Striper)
First Place was mastered by Kirk Graebe / Little River Man (20 3/8" Striper

And with the most excitement ever, Mrs. Narisa Woolworth took the GRAND PRIZE :smt005 

I'm not as clever with words as others, so I will let you all tell the stories of the day for me

It has been my pleasure to bring this kayak fishing series to you for the past 5 years and I hope that we all remember that not everything has to be just a competition, Lets take the time to just have fun and make some great memories.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 02:33:49 AM by Tote »
Hobie Outback (dune)

The X Inn Keeper

• Life is Good!
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
A few special moments
Hobie Outback (dune)

The X Inn Keeper

• Life is Good!
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
A great group
Hobie Outback (dune)

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
The happiest person today at Tiki  :smt001
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

daviator

• Sea Lion
  • tsui li baca = crazy about fishing
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
Wow congrats to the winners and everyone who attended...

I couldn't make it back to Bay Area as I am stuck in El Paso with a busted bird.

Really wanted to see everyone and get in some fishing in.

Thanks Erik and all the sponsors who put these great events together.

Narisa, couldn't be more thrilled for you. Wow what a great baby shower gift!!!!
Daviator

Herb Superb

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2010
Thanks for the event Eric and sponsors!! We had a blast.

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Thank you Eric and all the sponsors for another successful year of yakhopper's events.  Hope you like our little appreciation artwork from one of our great NCKA's artists.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Tote

• One life, right? Don't blow it.
  • Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
Becky and I had a great time.
I didn't even bring a kayak or any fishing gear. Been feeling a little run down and figured it would be better to stay off the water but felt good enough to hang with my NCKA family.
Thank you Eric for another quality gathering and congratulations to everyone who showed up, to Narissa for her great new kayak and to Kirk, Connor and Ash for showing everyone else how it's done. (Great guide service too Naoaki.  :smt002 )
Already looking forward to next year.
<=>

Great Bass 2

• Catch And Cook (CNC)
  • Sea Lion
  • The Art & Science of Fishing & Cooking
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
Eric thanks to you and FW for sponsoring such a wonderful event. I had a great time. Wow. Congrats Kirk, Connor and Ashley!!! And a real congrats to Narissa. First Kat, then Bunny now Ashley and Narissa. Man the women are kicking our butts.  :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 I might have to use secret agents next time. :smt044

It was my first time fishing the delta and it was interesting. I trolled streamers and casted poppers for one small LMB. Haven't fly fished in a year and it was fun to swing those big poppers. Took me awhile to figure out the floating from non-floating vegetation.  :smt005 I think I will stick with big blue but that duck was really cool. :smt005
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 06:03:18 AM by Great Bass 2 »
1st Place 2007 Kayak Connection Father's Day Derby
1st Place 2007 New Melones Trout Derby
1st Place 2011 Lake Berryessa Salmon Slam
1st Place 2011 Pay It Forward Taco Throw Down
1st Place 2011 Albion Open
1st Place 2012 & 2013 Central Coast Custom Lure Contest
1st Place 2013 The Simply Fishing Tournament

DrHabanero

• Sea Lion
  • BigLipRipper
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2006
Must be the Water! Glad to see another Suisunian win the Grand Prize!  :smt044 Sorry I couldn't make it but looks like everyone had a great time!
Later
Jimbo
I'll rest when I'm dead!
2016 Ocean Kayak Predator
2014 Malibu X-Factor ,2014 Malibu Mini-X
2010 Malibu X-Factor ,2006  Ocean Kayak Drifter 
2011 Yakhopper Ocean Kayak Trident 4.7   Winner!
GS4 - 4th place

hightide

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
Sweet!  Congratulation to all winners :smt006
ALLAN

2020 Hobie Revo 13
OK T15
Owned 2015 Hobie AI
Owned Scupper Pro TW

Live, Love, Launch!

guitarzan

• Sea Lion
  • Its Madness.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2006
Way to go NCKA, wish I could have been there but was elbo deep in stain, congrats to all the winners and Thanx Eric for putting on a great event!
 Linda, another beautiful piece...
Elk 2008 Winner
Mooch strong
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56542681@N08/sets/
I sure do miss you guys.

LilRiverMan

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009
 Wow!!!! How did that happen ?

It happened because Fisherman’s Warehouse and Eric put on these great events. It happened because Eric spends a big portion of his spare time making sure everything goes smoothly. It happens because of the support of wonderful companies like Ocean Kayak and Lowrance. Speaking of which, a Lowrance Elite 4 color FF with GPS for First Prize, - Awesome !!!!!

One thing I really liked was the family atmosphere and the NCKA ladies. The ladies have been slipping in and showing us how it’s done for a while now, but this was the first time I’d seen them OTW in such large numbers. Also for the first time I saw a couple NCKA family groups with very young children OTW. Can’t wait to share this with my son !

Congrats to Narissa and to the other Tiki winners. I squeezed them out by a fraction of an inch because a slightly larger Striper clone chose my bait. For those of you who want to know what I  caught it on – it was a live 4” bluegill, slow trolled on a ½ oz Carolina rig with a 4/0 hook through its upper lip. Something I learned at a previous Tiki event. Maybe I am starting to get the hang of this Kayak Fishing thing.  :smt003  :smt003  :smt003
Winner, 2012 Fisherman's Warehouse, Tiki Lagoon - Stripers.

Proud paddler - Pay it Forward Paddle 2010 / 2011 / 2012 / 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2018

In the game of biggest fish, if you can't enjoy routinely gettin' your ass handed to you, by great fishermen, then you don't belong in the NCKA.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

SmokeOnTheWater

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2011
I couldn't ask for more on my day off than to spend it with a such a friendly group of people.  It was my first event and it will definitely not be the last.  I have always read about how fun these events/get togethers are, and now I finally know!   It was great meeting some of the members and the potluck was just awesome!  Thanks to Eric and the NCKA family for making it a wonderful event.  Hope to see some of you guys again at the next get together.

Btw, no stripers for me but that seems like it was the story for most folks. I did end up catching 4 largies all on topwater which was fun.  Missed some nice blowups that didn't stick as well.  Here's a pic of couple of them, nothing big though.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 09:33:43 AM by SmokeOnTheWater »
If you ain't first, you're last.

sonoramike

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2012
Congrats to all the winners I had an awsome time and met a bunch of great people. Unfortunatly I woke up sicker than a dog sun morn and only made it till 11:00 before packin up and headin home so I missed the awards never the less I still had a great time. I hope to fish with some of you soon next for me will be rockfishes amador derby hope to see ya there.. :smt006

Eric I took a quick glance at that ultra part pm me and let me know what ya have in mind

anything