Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:29:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 07:03:21 PM]

[Today at 06:52:32 PM]

[Today at 05:17:28 PM]

[Today at 05:09:26 PM]

[Today at 04:31:01 PM]

[Today at 01:09:18 PM]

[Today at 11:46:31 AM]

[Today at 10:38:46 AM]

[Today at 10:16:10 AM]

[Today at 06:30:45 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:07:13 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:29:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:26:53 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:01:09 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 01:20:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:23:34 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 12:06:38 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Sacramento Port 6/17  (Read 995 times)

kokoloco

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
I fished the Port today.  I stopped at Pennys for a half dozen jumbo minnows and headed for the Barge Canal.  Once on the water at 7:15 AM the freakin wind comes up.  Man I hate the wind!!!  I paddled over to the Washington Boat Club where a couple guys had 3 stripers averaging about 7-8 pounds caught on jigs.  I tried jigs and drifting minnows for a while but no cigar.  I moved over to the boathouse and tried again to no avail.  The graph was showing lots of fish.  I made my way down to the cement plant and drifted between the colums for an hour and kept getting my minnow taken towards the end of the drift.  Finally I snagged the little bastard……..a 13 inch catfish……..by the whisker.  I fed him 3 minnows.  I hope it hurt.  I saw another yak out by cement plant but couldn’t make contact.  He went there and I stayed here.  I saw him with a net out so it appeared he was catching something.  I worked my way down the south side of the Port tossing lures in hopes of a Black Bass but couldn’t get any interest.  I tried jigging again and was rewarded with a sub legal 16 inch striper on an Electric Chicken.  I finished the day drifting into the Barge Canal without a strike.  The tides were high at 12:30 this AM and bottomed out at 9:30 AM.  The fish came at 10:15 and 11:10 so they preferred the flood tide.  Water temp was 75 degrees.  I called it a day at 12:30.  A few photos…

Catfish alley.

Here's the little guy that kept me interested for an hour.

This might have been you!

The jigged up striper.

Emperor of the World

Mienboy

• there's two sides to every story
  • Sea Lion
  • America, if you don't love it leave it
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
My biggest worry is that my wife(when I'm dead)will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it

TheDudeAbides

• El Duderino
  • Salmon
  • When there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2012
I really need to put some pre-salmon fishing time in at the Port, I can damn near walk my kayak there from my house.. Besides the occasional black bass, I am an utter noob at fishing that area for anything but salmon.

Great pics btw!
Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski". You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

• Better lucky than good.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2013
I really need to put some pre-salmon fishing time in at the Port, I can damn near walk my kayak there from my house.. Besides the occasional black bass, I am an utter noob at fishing that area for anything but salmon.

Great pics btw!
hey if you plan on going hit me up i want to make it out there pretty soon
Lucas(707)-685-1881
-Wet Behind The Ears-

Wilderness Systems Ride 135

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain

"It’s not whether you get knocked down; It’s whether you get back up.” - Vince Lombardi

TheDudeAbides

• El Duderino
  • Salmon
  • When there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2012
You got it man, will have to see what my Activity Director has planned for the week ;) might be able to head out Sunday?
Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski". You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

FishWorks

• It's MudSalmon Time
  • Sea Lion
  • MOOCH STRONG
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
Great report bro..I havnt been to the port in some time now but been thinking of a night time crappie hunt sometime this summer...thanks for sharing..ricci
Just Slay
Host of the Berryessa Salmon Slam

anything