Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:52:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 11:13:05 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 03:17:35 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: NorCal HOW Second 2017 Event - Friday, March 31, 2017 @ Lake Hennessey  (Read 5592 times)

DRT Yakbah

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2018
I don't know if my schedule will allow it but if it does, I would like to come and help someway. I have my Outback and a Sun dolphin POS. I can take someone fishing or just help at the launch. I'm an average angler so I might not be the best to put the vets on some fish, but I'd definitely try.

Stone85

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2016
What time is this going on?

VK

What time is this going on?

Friday at 8 AM - 2 PM

raydon

• Sea Lion
  • Fishy in the sea, won't you bite my hook for me?
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2010
Here is what we can expect this Friday.

Veterans attending:

8 from VA Martinez (one is a double amputee) 
1 vet from NCKA
2 therapists from VA Martinez

Volunteers:

Rob
Raydon
Kayakjack
Shicken
Midwest
Sarge
TOnymoore
Scubalous
Wormguy

We are looking good for this event.  Thanks for agreeing to help out

« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 04:23:04 PM by raydon »

AFCM Retired

• Master Chief
  • Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2014
Sorry! I have missed the last event and this one also. I was in Florida last month and have decided to relocate in Jacksonville Fl. Our home goes on the market this Friday and once it sells we are headed east. They do have an active HOW chapter in Jacksonville which I will  take part for sure. It has been great being part of the NorCal HOW. Super people thank you for your friendship and kindness. I will miss you all. I will posted reports on my fishing adventures in Florida. Thanks again it has been great! John
Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

RacinRob

• AOTY Committee
  • Wilderness Systems Pro Staff
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Sorry! I have missed the last event and this one also. I was in Florida last month and have decided to relocate in Jacksonville Fl. Our home goes on the market this Friday and once it sells we are headed east. They do have an active HOW chapter in Jacksonville which I will  take part for sure. It has been great being part of the NorCal HOW. Super people thank you for your friendship and kindness. I will miss you all. I will posted reports on my fishing adventures in Florida. Thanks again it has been great! John

Thank you for all the help in the past. Good luck with your new location and I hope you enjoy it.
http://WildernessSystems.com      http://ATPaddles.com
http://ShastaTackle.com               http://MacksLure.com

Wilderness Systems Kayaks Pro Staff           Heroes on the Water Coordinator
Mack's Lure Pro Staff

2018 AOTY 2nd Place
2017 ARW Halibut 3rd Place
2017 Berryessa Salmon Slam MBF winner
2014 GS8 1st Place AOTD
2014 Trinidad Rockfish Wars 1st Place--- Teamed w/ATD
2014 AOTY 3rd Place-Again
2013 AOTY 3rd Place
2012 Berryessa Salmon Slam  1st Place
2012 Sonoma Slam 1st Place---Teamed w/ATD
2012 TRW 2 1st Place----Teamed w/ATD
2012 PIF Big Salmon Winner
2012 Fresh Kats Series Champion
2012-13-14 Team NCKA Kayak Wars 1st Place Team Overall

AFCM Retired

• Master Chief
  • Salmon
  • View Profile
Thank you Rob, I learned a lot from you and Adam.
Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

splashdown

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
AFCM,

Just because you're heading to Florida, (i'm jealous) please look up and hook up with the HOW guys down there. Heard they are a great bunch. Good luck on the sell of your home and safe travels across this great country of ours.

I am in Texas working with the Dallas Chapter of HOW and having a blast. I do mid-week trips with veterans since I am retired and have nothing better to do. Love being that guy in the organization that can do this and wish other chapters could do this too. Having the ability to get a veteran out on a moments notice to get them to decompress is good for the veteran.

We have our big campout this weekend. Just like NorCal has Kelsey, we have this. We get to fish two nice lakes which spoil us all rotten with as many fish as we all catch. We're still trying to get a ten pound largemouth out of one of the ponds and we know there is one in there. Record for the pond sits just a bit over nine, caught by the owners wife. Lots of 5-7's and many 2-3's. THen there are the over populated slab crappies that anybody can take out of the lake since they are "ruining" the owners bass population trying to eat all the minnows.

Well better get my butt on the road. I have to meet up with a veteran who needs a great day on the water. Taking him out to one of our other ponds so he can get spoiled catching bass at almost every cast as well as huge bluegill and crappie.
"bull riding came about when some redneck stated, "hold my beer and watch this!"

Dallas HOW Chapter Coordinator

VK

Good Luck MasterChief ,those guys down there are going to be treated to the best pot of beans ever !!!!

AFCM Retired

• Master Chief
  • Salmon
  • View Profile
AFCM,

Just because you're heading to Florida, (i'm jealous) please look up and hook up with the HOW guys down there. Heard they are a great bunch. Good luck on the sell of your home and safe travels across this great country of ours.

I am in Texas working with the Dallas Chapter of HOW and having a blast. I do mid-week trips with veterans since I am retired and have nothing better to do. Love being that guy in the organization that can do this and wish other chapters could do this too. Having the ability to get a veteran out on a moments notice to get them to decompress is good for the veteran.

Thanks! Splashdown for your support with the veterans we need more like you. Being a 30 year Navy veterans I love giving back as much as I can. I have plans to support the Jacksonville HOW chapter as much as I can being retired with time on my hands. Texas is a great fishing state. I was stationed at NAS Beeville for three years in the early 80's and loved the fishing on the Gulf coast. Good times on the water.
We have our big campout this weekend. Just like NorCal has Kelsey, we have this. We get to fish two nice lakes which spoil us all rotten with as many fish as we all catch. We're still trying to get a ten pound largemouth out of one of the ponds and we know there is one in there. Record for the pond sits just a bit over nine, caught by the owners wife. Lots of 5-7's and many 2-3's. THen there are the over populated slab crappies that anybody can take out of the lake since they are "ruining" the owners bass population trying to eat all the minnows.

Well better get my butt on the road. I have to meet up with a veteran who needs a great day on the water. Taking him out to one of our other ponds so he can get spoiled catching bass at almost every cast as well as huge bluegill and crappie.
Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

kayakjack

• Sea Lion
  • kayakjack
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
Its been a pleasure working with you Master chief. Enjoy Florida and keep up the good beans.

AFCM Retired

• Master Chief
  • Salmon
  • View Profile

Good Luck MasterChief ,those guys down there are going to be treated to the best pot of beans ever !!!!

It has been great knowing you VK always enjoy chatting with you. Good tides to you and your family.
Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

AFCM Retired

• Master Chief
  • Salmon
  • View Profile
Its been a pleasure working with you Master chief. Enjoy Florida and keep up the good beans.
Thanks Kayakjack enjoyed cooking with you. Love the tacos they are the best!!
Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

Tonymoore55

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2014
Expect Company.  I'll come east and take you Crescent Lake about 40 Miles SW of Jacksonville.  Be Safe.  It was great getting to know you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonymoore55

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2014
Guys,  My wife is coming also.  She'll be happy to help wherever she can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anything