Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:24:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[Today at 11:50:57 AM]

[Today at 11:49:33 AM]

[Today at 11:22:14 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Iroelikethat Coconut Thai Basil Salmon Soup  (Read 1263 times)

iroelikethat

• Fish! It's whats for dinner!
  • Sea Lion
  • 42 in the left 38 in the right-Feather River
  • View Profile JeffE's Myspace Page
  • Date Registered: Jun 2007
7-17 report/recipe 
HMB HuliCat limits by 10:30am 42 Salmon
How to make Iroelikethat :smt006 coconut Thai basil salmon soup over rice: Start by chillin and dinner with with your NCKA homies on a Tuesday. Complain to your friend "Dry Bones" how much your weights cost you on the last salmon trip you went on($75.00 per 3lb ball. ) Wait three days for him to call you and invite you out with the Southside anglers on a salmon trip to half moon bay. Get up at 2:45 am. Then go out (try and not puke) Catch the second biggest fish of the day for our boat. 14lbs 10 oz. Give your extra fish to your friend that only had one.  :fishing1 And thank him again... He was pretty busy making sure that everyone got hooked up.. Come home in the hundred degree heat and clean 2 salmon in your tiny kitchen. Save the heads for crab bait. And take the scraps and set them aside once you have the fish deboned make up nice broth with water seasoning onions garlic and pepper. A spoon of Thai fish sauce. While that's going on, make some rice and marinate the salmon collars in some garlic chopped basil and soy and a dash of chili oil. Let the broth simmer for an hour. Mean while chop up (thin Julianne cut carrot),  slice red peppers onions garlic string peas basil green onions. Enoki mushrooms. (or any kind) Strain the broth. In an empty heavy bottom stock pot. fry 2 table spoons of oil for 4 table spoons of Thai chili paste , I added a few shishito peppers let that simmer for a couple of minutes stirring it then add onions peppers carrots cook 2 mins. and add the salmon stock then add equal Amount of coconut milk to stock. I used 3 big cans. Bring to a boil. Add fish collars and scrap meat. Turn off. Cook of 2 - 5 mins.
Add mushrooms and basil and green onion. Beans sprouts if you have any. I was out. It's done. Serve over rice. sprinkle some toasted peanuts on top. Enjoylikethat.  :hello:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 12:15:56 PM by iroelikethat »
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. -Chinese proverb
South Bay Safety Squad - TEAM CAPTAIN  Screen name generator and General Instigator from Decatur

FKV-1 2005 Liquid Logic Manta Ray (Decommissioned)
FKV-2 2010 Hobie Outback (Decommissioned)
FKV-3 2014 Jackson Cuda (In-service)
FKV-4 2017 Hobie Outback (Inaugural Pacific Mission/ Christening - Albion- Aug 10th 2017)

Dry Bones

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2010
We ended up with 19 fishermen with one open spot for this epic trip.  Thanks Jeff for your charity fish.  The Hulicat charged me $7.00 per ball.  The last boat you were on bent you over for$75.00 per ball.  Thanks for joining our group.  We had a blast.  I'll have to try your recipe.  Looks yummy.  The big fish jackpot weighed 20#7oz.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Chadrock

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
That looks hella good Jeff!
Slap a spoonful of orange salsa in that stuff.  :smt007
If you want to thank a Vet, be a person worth fighting for.

1st place Red Barn Classic 2010

iroelikethat

• Sea Lion
That looks hella good Jeff!
Slap a spoonful of orange salsa in that stuff.  :smt007
kickin it up 2 notches! :-)  :smt005 :smt007
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. -Chinese proverb
South Bay Safety Squad - TEAM CAPTAIN  Screen name generator and General Instigator from Decatur

FKV-4 2017 Hobie Outback (Inaugural Pacific Mission/ Christening - Albion- Aug 10th 2017)

Tote

• One life, right? Don't blow it.
  • Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
Bring some to Albion?
<=>

TexasBoy

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2013
We ended up with 19 fishermen with one open spot for this epic trip.  Thanks Jeff for your charity fish.  The Hulicat charged me $7.00 per ball.  The last boat you were on bent you over for$75.00 per ball.  Thanks for joining our group.  We had a blast.  I'll have to try your recipe.  Looks yummy.  The big fish jackpot weighed 20#7oz.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

$75.00  per ball???? wth you talking about????

iroelikethat

• Sea Lion
Ohh. My bad.  $77.50ea. 140+10+5=155 cost of trip /2balls. Rocket  surgery math. Lol. I still had fun.  I think yours is bigger. :-)

• Cabeza de Martillo
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2011
Ohh. My bad.  $77.50ea. 140+10+5=155 cost of trip /2balls. Rocket  surgery math. Lol. I still had fun.  I think yours is bigger. :-)

You forgot to mention the reach around cost from the deckhand  :smt003
Pronounced in Spanish  ka·be·za de mar·t·yo
Translates to Hammerhead in English for my Gringo amigos.
....and yes that's me with a 6ft. green moray in the avatar.

"Spearos before Hos" - Silent Hunter

"Give your son a fish and you'll feed him for a day.
Teach him how to spearfish and he'll feed you for a lifetime" - Cabeza de Martillo

Proud Papa of ...........
2018 JAOTY Lucas aka Baja Ninja
2018 JDOTY Noah aka Silent Hunter

Greenhorn

• Salmon
  • Fish-a-yak-a-fowl-a-holic
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2016
Thanks for the recipe! Well done!!
Fish,hunt,eat sleep REPEAT
15' Hobie outback

Der_Huntsman

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
I came here to look at the soup recipe but never got further than $75 for 3 lb weights. WTF?! This triggered me.
Formerly known as "MF"

@Der_Huntsman

anything