Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:10:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 05:07:22 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 03:17:35 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Great Ways to Get Yourself Banned  (Read 141466 times)

FisHunter

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Manatee
  • Mooch Taught Me How To Live Life
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2006
can we slur our own race(s)?,    if you can't laugh at yourself, who can YOU laugh at? :smt004

Adam -

The problem is that others who hear these jokes may think it is OK for them to say these things even though they are not of that race.
Scott
you are 100% right Scott! .....no more Bean(er)references, and NO MORE 8-Layer Dip either :smt010 
and YES! ..Rockfishing, together, soon!!  it seems so far away, but RIGHTaroundTHEcornerINreality! :smt002
Be Safe, Not Sorry = B'ropeUpFool!

Winner of nothing but goodtimes with good friends.

Fisherman X

• Sea Lion
  • Going to the ocean is going home
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
RF'g in a yak day is a little further away for us in North Central but Abalone season is only 43 days away now. YES.
-Success is living the life you want-
Joel ><>

Hammerhead avatar in memory of CdM

DaveW

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2006
Sometimes I miss " SG " ....... :smt002

I laughed so hard I almost choked when she posted a pic of terminal tackle with the little arrows pointing to swivel snaps asking what they were and where you could purchase such crazy things.  At first I thought it was a joke.

INSANEDUANE

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
I just recently found out that I am a German Jew on moms side of the family
her parents escape germany in 1939 and landed in Ohio, my only question
is can I mark the box on a job application as other or maybe Jewish.

3RD annual 2007 halfmoon bay kayaks derby winner

fish or die you dirty dogs

piski

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
Quote from: insaneduane

That's an interesting discovery. How did you find out; was someone doing genealogy research or was it an incidental finding?

Regarding your question, I don't really know the answer but anyone can mark "other," I guess. I was just watching a program on PBS last night about a geneticist who studied the genetic links between the different "races" and traced the genes back to more or less the original descendants of all of them. He traveled to all these places and followed the (theoretic) migration of people all the way to North Am. Very interesting.
Catch & Repeat

FisHunter

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Manatee
  • View Profile
I was just watching a program on PBS last night about a geneticist who studied the genetic links between the different "races" and traced the genes back to more or less the original descendants of all of them. He traveled to all these places and followed the (theoretic) migration of people all the way to North Am. Very interesting.
we ARE ALL brothers from different mothers!! :smt002 
another good one to watch is "The Real Eve" as in Adam& (youtube has blocked it!!) :smt013

ravensblack

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2007
Can you get banned for showing a fake penis and balls in public? :smt044
"I always entertain great hope" Robert Frost

FisHunter

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Manatee
  • View Profile
not if you have a picture to post of......uh, nevermind.

Eric B

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
I'm 1/8 native american, black from the waist down, and the rest is redneck hillbilly.

Everyone should go see Gran Torino if they haven't yet...  The barber shop scene...  :smt044
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 04:33:32 PM by Eric B »

Tote

• One life, right? Don't blow it.
  • Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
1/2 italian, 1/4 polish, 1/4 slovenian ( whatever that is ). Yea, Ive heard 'em all.
If ya got something new PM me.  :smt044
<=>

INSANEDUANE

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Nope I just decided to ask my mom what her family history was I know that her pairants were from germany
I just did not know where.I was asking her to see if they were from from Bavaria because I'm in a Bavarian
dance club. what I understand they owned a farm in a little village called pommar and that they grew grans

what I don't understand is why Jews are so hated I know that they killed JC but dam that was 3000 years
ago I just shows you that man can't get over the past. as it is I'm not religious so all this don't mean anything to me
if I had my way I could solve all this mideast conflict. I would just kick out everyone from this so called holyland
and make them live in the desert together till they learn to get a long I'm so tired of hearing about this crap.

That's an interesting discovery. How did you find out; was someone doing genealogy research or was it an incidental finding?

Regarding your question, I don't really know the answer but anyone can mark "other," I guess. I was just watching a program on PBS last night about a geneticist who studied the genetic links between the different "races" and traced the genes back to more or less the original descendants of all of them. He traveled to all these places and followed the (theoretic) migration of people all the way to North Am. Very interesting.

piski

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
Nope I just decided to ask my mom what her family history was I know that her pairants were from germany
I just did not know where.I was asking her to see if they were from from Bavaria because I'm in a Bavarian
dance club. what I understand they owned a farm in a little village called pommar and that they grew grans

what I don't understand is why Jews are so hated I know that they killed JC but dam that was 3000 years
ago I just shows you that man can't get over the past. as it is I'm not religious so all this don't mean anything to me
if I had my way I could solve all this mideast conflict. I would just kick out everyone from this so called holyland
and make them live in the desert together till they learn to get a long I'm so tired of hearing about this crap.

That's cool, maybe they grew barley & hops!

Yea, people love to forget JC was, in fact, Jewish...
There's a theory (strongly supported) in social sciences that humans are instinctively tribal, and the basic reaction is to fight (and kill) those from other tribes. As soon as more than a few people get together, they start to exhibit this behavior. I'm not studied in social science but it seems to make sense.
Catch & Repeat

INSANEDUANE

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
I know what you mean they say that racism is learned but maybe that mite not be the the case
maybe you have to learn to get along with people of that are diffrent than you
like you are pre-programed to hate.
It's like when you come across a wild animal
you are instinctively fear full and you go in to kill mode, it just a throe back to the
beginnings of man when we all did not live together and fought for the little resources that were available

That's cool, maybe they grew barley & hops!

Yea, people love to forget JC was, in fact, Jewish...
There's a theory (strongly supported) in social sciences that humans are instinctively tribal, and the basic reaction is to fight (and kill) those from other tribes. As soon as more than a few people get together, they start to exhibit this behavior. I'm not studied in social science but it seems to make sense.

Danglin

• Sea Lion
  • Accept Yourself, So Shall The World ...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
I know what you mean they say that racism is learned but maybe that mite not be the the case
maybe you have to learn to get along with people of that are diffrent than you
like you are pre-programed to hate.

That just might be right, and this ditty makes sense too...

There's a theory (strongly supported) in social sciences that humans are instinctively tribal, and the basic reaction is to fight (and kill) those from other tribes. As soon as more than a few people get together, they start to exhibit this behavior

Maybe if we acknowledged that we have a tendencies towards hating one another, the Hypocrisy could leave the building and we really could evolve..

Interesting points...

and now you are Banned!!!!!     :smt002
There are 3 Types of people in the world,,,

The Sheep, The Sheep Dog & The Wolf,

Which are You ,,,

2006 NCKA Shark Fishing Tournament Champion    
2nd Moutcha Bay, BC. 2006 "Tyee" Surfing Contest
ELK 07  1st Place Loser
HMB 09 3rd Place
HMB 09 Sardine Champion
2009-2016 Northern California HOW Coordinator

Love Baja…  :smt055

Fish N' Chips

• Salmon
  • Hobie Adventure
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2008
I think one of the problems with todays society is people wanting to identify themselves with their ethnicity's, and not their nationalism.  Hispanic-American, Black-American, Irish-American, Russian-American.  We are all Americans!  We all bring something great to this country, but we should be unified rather than segregating ourselves based on our ethnicity or history.  We stand stronger united, than we ever will apart.  I think we need to change our own perceptions, and realize that we are one nation and a culture onto ourselves.

Regarding the tribal influences, I do believe it has some value to the theory.  I have noticed the precedence in my anthropological and history training.  We have been hunter/gather societies much longer that sedentary agricultural societies.  Look at how we are supposed to eat; protein, nuts, fruits, vegetables.  That's why processed flours and sugars make us fat.  We are programmed to protect our land, food sources, ect. from rivals.  Heck men even compete for women (or so they like us to believe).   Look at the mammalian diving reflex, that one has stayed with us for thousands of years.  Other instinct are still there as well.  Although suspicion may be engrained, I do believe true hate is learned.  The old Nature vs. Nurture argument.

I am just glad I belong to the NCKA tribe, I love all my NCKA brothers and sisters!

Matt

anything