Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:45:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:39:39 PM]

[Today at 08:38:39 PM]

[Today at 07:56:21 PM]

[Today at 07:50:41 PM]

[Today at 05:17:28 PM]

[Today at 04:31:01 PM]

[Today at 01:09:18 PM]

[Today at 11:46:31 AM]

[Today at 10:38:46 AM]

[Today at 10:16:10 AM]

[Today at 06:30:45 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:07:13 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:29:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 07:26:53 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:03:07 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 06:01:09 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 01:20:14 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:23:34 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 12:06:38 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Kayak fishing spots at Sea Ranch request  (Read 1890 times)

SRJ

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2008
Hey all, gonna be at Sea Ranch for a couple of days later this week and wonder if anyone can steer me to any yak fishing spots or reefs in the area. Hoping the wind slows enough for a couple of hours on the water. Better check the marine reserve map, too!
Thanks

Jing Han

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2019
I'm heading out to sea ranch for the weekend.  Did you ever end up taking your kayak out and do anygood?  I remember seeing one launch site where you can drive down to drop your kayak off before returning to a parking lot area all within the Sea ranch community.

WillFo

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2015
Watch out, the locals there are not friendly by any stretch of the imagination. They've got rentacops and they'll call DFW on you even if you're totally legal and on public property.

Jing Han

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
I'm staying at one of the vacation rentals so we have a parking pass and to the water.  Just seeing if anyone else has vacationed there recently and can confirm any spots or maybe someone else on our site will happen to be vacationing there this weekend as well.  I can also fish outside of sea ranch community if theres some people going out of Gualala/arena point area...

ThreemoneyJ

• Sea Lion
  • AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2014
Sea ranch is private. If you are renting a house there and have the parking sticker then you can drive in and launch. Otherwise you will be towed by security.
-John
Angler Of The Year is currently free!!
NCKA Angler of the year (AOTY)link http://aoty.norcalkayakanglers.com/
NCKA AOTY how to link https://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=62574.0
Send me a message if you want to be signed up for AOTY

charles

• Salmon
  • turn em. pedals mtb or ocean
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
You can park at the public access Shell Beach small parking lot and wheel the yak to the only beach site launch in Sea Ranch. Longish pull a yak there and back. The day I went I refused to get in the water to give it a try. Too much swell to make the water break on two rock shelves I had to pass to get to deeper water. You need a flat sea if you give it a shot.
Charles

Dale L

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2005
A few years ago I did a research trip, where I parked in the PUBLIC Shell Beach parking lot right on Hiway 1 and walked down, too far to drag a yak IMO, talked to a couple yakkers there at the beach coming out. The day I was there is was a very attractive launch. If you're in Sea Ranch and are allowed looked like a great spot.

Jing Han

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
Thank you all for the info and heads up!  I'll try to update with a report if i make it out and get anything good for those of us who try to vacation there once in a while.