Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:22:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 05:07:22 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 03:17:35 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: anyone fly fished the Sac River around Redding?  (Read 2198 times)

gabekap

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2005
I'm thinking of kayak/fly fishing the area maybe Friday. I heard something about Sun Dial bridge.  Anybody know of good put in's and take out's?   

SOMA

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
First check to see if that section of the river is open.  F&G has closed a section of the upper Sac for salmon protection.

wizz

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
The fly shop could probably give you some good intel, maybe give them a call.
"The howling tide of unreason beats against pure fact with incredible fury"-Terrence Mckenna

bmb

• Please unsubscribe me from the
  • AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
I'm thinking of kayak/fly fishing the area maybe Friday. I heard something about Sun Dial bridge.  Anybody know of good put in's and take out's?
Bryan, Eastonkayaker, is a local who would probably know the area the best.

Codzilla

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
That section of the river is closed. That being said there are a lot of great fishing spots on the river. Before Kayak fishing i was almost a purest fly fisherman. Dry fly only for most of my life, then nymph fishing with indicators. spots to put in and take out are really about how long do you want to be on the water. Kutras park has a small kind of boat launch, and is a great starting point. from there you can take out at the Bonneville bridge, has nice boat ramp, or start from there. the next good spot to take out would be Anderson river park. I am sure one of us could meet you at your take out spot and take you back to your truck with enough notice. As far as what flies, i always like caddis flies dry and pupa, seems like the trout here will eat them any time of year, but it has been some time since i have fly fished, to busy kayak fishing for other things. The Fly Shop is our local shop and is world wide, they have a great staff that will point you in the right direction of what to use. the number is 530-222-3555
Hope that helps,
Jeff   
3rd place Trinidad Rockfish Wars lll
6th place GS11

Camo Hobie Outback
 Old Town Predator 13

gabekap

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2005
That section of the river is closed. That being said there are a lot of great fishing spots on the river. Before Kayak fishing i was almost a purest fly fisherman. Dry fly only for most of my life, then nymph fishing with indicators. spots to put in and take out are really about how long do you want to be on the water. Kutras park has a small kind of boat launch, and is a great starting point. from there you can take out at the Bonneville bridge, has nice boat ramp, or start from there. the next good spot to take out would be Anderson river park. I am sure one of us could meet you at your take out spot and take you back to your truck with enough notice. As far as what flies, i always like caddis flies dry and pupa, seems like the trout here will eat them any time of year, but it has been some time since i have fly fished, to busy kayak fishing for other things. The Fly Shop is our local shop and is world wide, they have a great staff that will point you in the right direction of what to use. the number is 530-222-3555
Hope that helps,
Jeff

Thanks Jeff for the good intel!  Gabe

Codzilla

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Did you make it up here?
3rd place Trinidad Rockfish Wars lll
6th place GS11

Camo Hobie Outback
 Old Town Predator 13