Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:26:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 28, 2024, 11:47:21 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 11:34:08 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:44:18 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:12:36 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 07:11:09 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 01:13:46 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Best places to launch and fish the delta in July.  (Read 1734 times)

MolonLabe916

• Salmon
  • View Profile Knowledge is Power.
  • Date Registered: Jan 2016
Where are the best places to launch and fish the delta this time of year? I've searched around on here but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. Is there good fishing in discovery bay right now?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 04:05:48 PM by MolonLabe916 »
Joe Mag. Green/black WS Radar 135.

"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

www.Freediveshop.com

Wildrooster

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015
What are you targeting ?
glade you made it
now let's get our fish on

Ascend FS128T
Hobie AI yellow

Dale L

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2005
While I generally look at these types of warnings as questionable, I thought I'd put it up in case you hadn't seen it.

https://cchealth.org/eh/blue-green-algae.php

MolonLabe916

• Salmon
Mainly bass. Largemouth or smallmouth.

Thanks for the heads up dale. Yah I'd rather not chance it.

"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

www.Freediveshop.com

The X Inn Keeper

• Life is Good!
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2007
During the warmer months, anywhere on Delta will produce, but the East and South delta should be phenomenal for Bass.
Look for Tule edges or weed line with moving water and a deep cut close by and you will find bass, also check calmer water for crappie. 
You will find the delta to be a magical place.
Instead of Disco Bay, try looking around Mildred Island to the East, Franks Tract to the North, or Italian slough to the West.
I have had great success in all of these areas, but be cautious of Ski and Bass boats ... Use a flag and listen for boats flying around blind corners.
Good Luck,
;0)

Hobie Outback (dune)

Wildrooster

• Salmon
  • View Profile
If it's bass just about anywhere

For a lite row you can go to the lazy m fish near the launch
Fish In the tullies then head out if you go as far as widows island fish the slow water by the docks or the trees lots to be had your anms should be ready to fall off after about 50 or more fish for some striper action fish the fast water were it intersects the slow they often hold there
Catfish are also plenty up in that slow water use clams grab them with your toes
There Fresh and free and what the cats in that area are eating

Orewood is good if you go to disco bay striper and bass are everywhere  but better in the slow water or at the cuts
Bewear of strippers in the evening you'll here them before you see them
If you go under the railroad. Crossing its bass land
There is just to many good spots to talk about
Fish the delta today before jerry moonbeam destroys it with his tunnels

glade you made it

Ascend FS128T
Hobie AI yellow

MontanaN8V

• I swear it was this big!
  • Sea Lion
  • It's BANG TIME!!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
I fish mildred a lot. So does everyone in the 209. Fishing sucks balls, way over fished and have not caught a keeper striper in three years. Had 70+ striper days.....but all 16" and under. Bass are typical rats. It gets POUNDED by all ethnicities and all fish go to the pan.
Tiki/turner cut gets better it is off the main channel. Wimpy's is good. Liberty Island/shag slough is the best public access fishing in the delta imho
Live your life, the way you want to be remembered. Don't have any regrets, we only get this one dance to make it count. Start at your eulogy, and work backwards.

bryan

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2016
Im a fan of liberty/shag as well. Thats where i have the best luck for bass. And its an easy launch without a lot of current.

MolonLabe916

• Salmon
Would I be able to launch right there at kings island? So that I don't have to paddle so far to get to widdows island. Also, is there a lot of current in that area?

Mark Twain

www.Freediveshop.com

Wildrooster

• Salmon
  • View Profile
i don't think kings has access to non owners
and dragging a yak across the rocks  down and up a step banks not going to make me happy just launch at orwood and head under the tracks very easy row
glade you made it

Ascend FS128T
Hobie AI yellow

HaruTheNinja

• Sardine
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
and dragging a yak across the rocks  down and up a step banks not going to make me happy just launch at orwood and head under the tracks very easy row
It's ok to launch kayaks at orwood?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Ronaldo

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2014
If you want I can show you around the Cosumnes River Preserve.  Easy launch this year because the Hyacinth plant isn't here for some reason like it was last year. 
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.

Willha

• Salmon
  • "Spearing is the path to enlightenment." --- Lao T
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
I second that wimpys recommendation lots of awesome areas to explore that direction.   havnt fished it in a couple years but never had a problem hookin some decent bass out there.
----Willha

DeltaYakR

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2014
It's ok to launch kayaks at orwood?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

You can launch anything that floats out of Orwood. Best during the weekdays. Weekends too many rec boaters in the area.

ex-kayaker

• mara pescador
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Orwood is by far the most entertaining marina on the delta, best spot to grab a bite to eat and take in the scenery. Waters been muddy and hot down in that area though, tough bite.

Franks has been the most consistent, cleaner water, good flows, lots of forage but this past weekend there was alot of dead grass fouling up my lines.  I'm pretty sure theyve been erradicating plant life in the sandmound slogh area. Id head up to the russos or big break area if i was going out this weekend.

No shortage of googanry either:

4th of july murica boat.....party so hard they lost half their windshield. 

The kooks in the whaler literally got in between me and the spot i was casting to. 

$90k worth of brand new boat that dont float.  Reminder to put the plug in before you launch.

Jaw busted in two places, dead center of the lip and in the corner if its mouth.  If i had to guess what mangaled it Id say it was a pos lip gripper. 

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

..........agarcia is just an ex-kayaker

anything