Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:17:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 28, 2024, 11:47:21 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 11:34:08 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:44:18 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:12:36 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 07:11:09 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 01:13:46 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: zebra mussel inspection?  (Read 1912 times)

baitNbeer

• Sea Lion
  • "kick his ass sea-bass!"
  • View Profile delta rats & salty bay dogs
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
so what do they look for in an inspection? before hittin up a lake what preperations should i do before? right now the inside is moist and theres sand from the beach..would that send me home?
www.mossdalemilitia.com
 once you go yak , you dont go back
"But really though, I dont know how my wifes cucumber melon bodywash got in my dive bag"

bmb

• Please unsubscribe me from the
  • AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
yes it will. dry it out.  sand maybe not, depends on the inspector. sometimes they won't check the inside but sometimes they will. which lake?

Danglin

• Sea Lion
  • Accept Yourself, So Shall The World ...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
I heard Clear lake is not going to inspect yaks...

common sense coming thru?  wow
There are 3 Types of people in the world,,,

The Sheep, The Sheep Dog & The Wolf,

Which are You ,,,

2006 NCKA Shark Fishing Tournament Champion    
2nd Moutcha Bay, BC. 2006 "Tyee" Surfing Contest
ELK 07  1st Place Loser
HMB 09 3rd Place
HMB 09 Sardine Champion
2009-2016 Northern California HOW Coordinator

Love Baja…  :smt055

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
I heard Clear lake is not going to inspect yaks...
common sense coming thru?  wow

Yep, you heard right!

On Tuesday, the Lake County Board of Supervisors (BOS) approved a new protocol that requires all boats not registered in the county to be carefully screened. The protocol was drafted by the Invasive Species Council and presented to the BOS.

It takes effect on January 1, 2010.

The protocol exempts canoes, kayaks, row boats, float tubes, inflatable rafts, wind surfers/boards and boogey boards. In the past these floatable devices were required to have a quagga mussel sticker, but no longer. However, they still need to be clean, drained and dry before being launched into the lake.

Boaters who have their vessels registered in Lake County won't have to do anything new, but they will be required to obtain a resident sticker that is valid indefinitely. However, any resident boat that leaves and returns to the county needs to be clean, dry and inspected if it visited an infested body of water.

The procedure for out-of-county or non-resident boats is that a certified screener must inspect them. The boater will fill out a form and sign it, stating that his/her boat has not been in a quagga mussel- or zebra mussel-infested body of water for the past 30 days and is not registered in a county that has the mussels. The screener will do a walk-around visual inspection of the boat to make sure it is clean, drained and dry.

Clean means the boat is clean of debris and has no mussels attached to the boat or the trailer. Drained means all water is drained from livewells, storage compartments, bilge and engine. Dry means there are no signs of standing water on or in the vessel or trailer.

If it's a wakeboard boat, the ballast tank must be drained. Any boat that is not cleaned, drained and dry may not launch and must be decontaminated and inspected by a certified inspector before being allowed to launch. If the screener determines the boat is suspect and could be containing mussels, the boater will be directed to take the boat to a certified inspector, who will thoroughly inspect it. Only then will the boat be issued a color-coded plastic identification band, which must be attached in a visible location in the front one-third portion of the boat.

The color-coded band will cost $10 for non-resident boaters and is valid for the month it is issued in. For example, January's band may be red and February's band may be blue.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Eric B

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
Your kayak, paddle, and PFD must be clean and dry.

Sounds simple, right?   :smt002

FisHunter

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Manatee
  • Mooch Taught Me How To Live Life
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2006
that sand will cost you......it must be SPOTLESS!!    no MUD,DIRT,WET or DRY!  set the yak on end and let all the water and crap collect, then get busy.  if the inspector doesn't like the color of your hat that day, you are SCREWED!  get the picture?  :smt013 
Be Safe, Not Sorry = B'ropeUpFool!

Winner of nothing but goodtimes with good friends.

baitNbeer

• Sea Lion
lol...i got some work to do
www.mossdalemilitia.com
"But really though, I dont know how my wifes cucumber melon bodywash got in my dive bag"

baitNbeer

• Sea Lion
san pablo res

contra loma for bass in the spring
www.mossdalemilitia.com

anything