Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:31:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 06:20:40 PM]

[Today at 06:06:38 PM]

[Today at 04:50:16 PM]

[Today at 01:13:46 PM]

[Today at 11:50:57 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: American River FishNChill October 7th  (Read 6866 times)

Fish67

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2017
Dang it! I can't make it this Saturday. Anybody plan on fishing Sunday? Do you guys know a good place to launch at Freeport?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right next to the bridge, on the east side.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Thank you!

Weimarian

• Sea Lion
  • The fish, I hear them! work can wait! let's go!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Looks like I might be just Chillin, Still a bit goofy with this sick crap  :drool :smt101. Safety first. I'll probably take tweaker watch in the parking lot :smt062 :smt096 to keep our car windows intact and stuff in place.Still gonna be there early.....  :redmoon
Come on out! It's time to play. It's time for TROUT Bass and STRIPER. Let go of the hand brake!

novofish

• Wear your PFD - every time OTW
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2007
Glad u are feeling better Weimar boy!

I am gonna show up mostly to see how far upstream i can paddle - and because i miss hanging with the crew and fishing.

will bring some bbq meat :smt001
AOTY 2011 - 9th
AOTY 2012 - 16th
AOTY 2013 - 6th
FAOTY 2014 - 4th
AOTY 2015 - 5th
AOTY 2016 - 56th
AOTY 2017 - 37th

FishWorks

• It's MudSalmon Time
  • Sea Lion
  • MOOCH STRONG
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
Looks like I might be just Chillin, Still a bit goofy with this sick crap  :drool :smt101. Safety first. I'll probably take tweaker watch in the parking lot :smt062 :smt096 to keep our car windows intact and stuff in place.Still gonna be there early.....  :redmoon

Hope u fill better by Sat Ron, someone needs to get a salmon😉...I could use a grill Aid helper if u don't make it it. See ya soon buddy
Just Slay
Host of the Berryessa Salmon Slam

Weimarian

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Emma and I will be there.... :smt006
Come on out! It's time to play. It's time for TROUT Bass and STRIPER. Let go of the hand brake!

JSchmidt

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
Never fished on the American or Sacramento so I have no insight. Would the current and rocky bottom cause any issues for a Hobie PA?

Weimarian

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
There are some shallow spots, trees and current. Diligence and a paddle will put you in superstar mode on the river :smt005 :smt006

Ronaldo

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2014
Much appreciate someone hanging back like that.  I'll be there super early and be bringing some bratwurst and beer. 
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.

FishWorks

• It's MudSalmon Time
  • Sea Lion
  • MOOCH STRONG
  • View Profile
Never fished on the American or Sacramento so I have no insight. Would the current and rocky bottom cause any issues for a Hobie PA?
you'll be fine...guys are launching aluminum boats There
Much appreciate someone hanging back like that.  I'll be there super early and be bringing some bratwurst and beer. 

Good Man...see ya there early brotha
Just Slay

MooMoo Outdoors

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile MooMoo Outdoors
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014
What time do they open the gate? Sunrise?
https://youtube.com/channel/UC6mxd4WmuKFxDEozl7vuMzA

2018 AOTY Biggest Lake Trout Winner
2017 Simply Fishing Winner

California Canoe & Kayak Fishing Team Member
Bending Branches Team Member
Branson Baits Prostaff

2020 Stealth Fusion 480
2015 Hobie Adventure Island
West Marine Pompano 120
2019 Hobie Revo 13 (sold)
2019 Old Town Topwater 120 PDL (sold)
2013 Hobie Revo 11 (sold)
Lifetime Sportfisher (gave away)

Schills206

• Salmon
  • 2016 Hobie Outback
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2016
Just dropped a shit ton on a new reel and tackle.. so I guess I'm committed!  How realistic is it to anchor in the American?  I'm a bit paranoid about dropping an anchor in current and I have no clue what the AR is like this time of year.

I picked up some Blue Fox spinners and some Silvertrons in blue and green colors as well as some jigs for mooching.  3 or 4 ounce weights sound right?  Its gonna be a miracle if I actually land a fish. 

FishWorks

• It's MudSalmon Time
  • Sea Lion
  • MOOCH STRONG
  • View Profile
Just dropped a shit ton on a new reel and tackle.. so I guess I'm committed!  How realistic is it to anchor in the American?  I'm a bit paranoid about dropping an anchor in current and I have no clue what the AR is like this time of year.

I picked up some Blue Fox spinners and some Silvertrons in blue and green colors as well as some jigs for mooching.  3 or 4 ounce weights sound right?  Its gonna be a miracle if I actually land a fish. 

It's very doable to anchor brody. It's not as fast as u think..some spots are, but most are deep mild to slow current cause of the depth. U just have to try to make sure your anchor line is directly behind your boat for best positioning..this part of the River is easy.  1-2oz higs are ideal. 12-15lb. Test on a good light casting outfit is all u need. Great to hear your coming. See ya there
Just Slay

Schills206

• Salmon
  • 2016 Hobie Outback
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2016

It's very doable to anchor brody. It's not as fast as u think..some spots are, but most are deep mild to slow current cause of the depth. U just have to try to make sure your anchor line is directly behind your boat for best positioning..this part of the River is easy.  1-2oz higs are ideal. 12-15lb. Test on a good light casting outfit is all u need. Great to hear your coming. See ya there

Right on!  Thanks for the info.  Looking forward to seeing you all!

Willha

• Salmon
  • "Spearing is the path to enlightenment." --- Lao T
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
What time is everybody showing up?  Ive got a few things to take care of and wont be able to bring the yak but was hoping to meet up with everyone bring some food to bbq and cast some spinners from shore.
----Willha

FishWorks

• It's MudSalmon Time
  • Sea Lion
  • MOOCH STRONG
  • View Profile
What time is everybody showing up?  Ive got a few things to take care of and wont be able to bring the yak but was hoping to meet up with everyone bring some food to bbq and cast some spinners from shore.

I'll be getting back to shore at 10 to start grill.. I assume mist will start coming in around then
Just Slay

anything